The Best Beach in Thailand?

Torneyboy

Says torneyboy:

Well a little more info..why is it on you list..beautifull i hear have not seen my self however?

Well, what is there to say? Nice sand & water, beautiful, quiet, relaxed and not too many hawking pests along the beach. For example, while I like the beaches in Phuket -- I absolutely abhor the Phuket environment, general attitude and pricing. I mean you can't even get a decent Thai meal along the beach road in Patong! One place surpass Phuket in general shityness however. And that is Railey beach...

Truth to be told, I don't hold Koh Samet in very high regard in this aspect either but at least there is no Starbucks or McDonald's -- and they do serve alcohol everywhere (unlike Krabi/Railey, which is predominantly muslim) :angel:

Hua Hin? Quite ok -- but not a very beautiful beach. Too many horses on the central beach for starters :grinyes:

For just a quick weekend get-away I often go to Cha Am beach. Quiet, relaxed and a much better beach than Hua Hin central.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says lazyphil:

For aesthetic beauty and awe on first viewing and (10th
:D
) Railey Beach takes some beating. I know the sand isn't perfect but the surrounding land scape is fantastic. I saw beautiful beaches going to some resort on phi phi too. Lam Sing (sp?) near Patong is another favorite of mine too.

Not Patong i dont think?

How long on Phi Phi? 2 days max imo?

On Phuket my favorite is Freedom beach and Phil?s choice of Ao Lam sing is a good one but other than these two beaches all of my other favorites mentioned below have pure white sand and crystal clear water,

The 9 islands of the Koh Similans group has some fantastic beaches there, Off Phuket island there is Koh Racha Yai with Ao Siam and Ao Batok very nice beaches, the next or last island off Phuket heading south is Koh Racha noi and it is an uninhabited island with one real nice beach there,

On Koh Phi Phi Don there is some nice beaches I can not remember all the names but there is Ao Ton Sai and Ao Loh Dalam (princess resort you guys are talking about) then Koh Phi Phi Le with Ao Pileh and Ao Maya are nice beaches, A little further from Phi Phi is Koh Phai and Koh Yung that both have some beautiful beaches.

Heading further south from Phuket on the way to Malaysia is an island that has lovely beaches the island is called Koh Rok Nok a favorite place for anchoring if you are on a boat journey from Thailand to Malaysia.

Then in the Trang area is Koh Muk with the beach Hat Sai Yao and other islands with nice beaches in the area of Trang are Koh Kradan, Koh Libong, Koh Ngai.

Then just near Malaysia is the Koh Tarutao national park with many islands with nice beaches a few I can think off are Koh Lipi, Koh Butang, Koh Adang, Koh Bulon, on the other side in the Samui area, the beaches at Koh Nang Yuan and Koh Tao are great beaches as well,

I haven't seen a single beach in the South, so I am not really qualified to vote here. ::

The ones that I did see and were paradise-like, were the ones in Koh Chang. Beautiful numerous uninhabited white beaches ... I'll never forget that picture.

Gotta go there again. ::

Says Straycat:

My vote would go for a beach on either Koh Samet or Koh Chang. But.....
:shhh:
...don't tell anyone else!

yes i agree with ko samet. my favourite is Ao Chu (about half way down the island) where the Tarn Tawan resort is.

I am not a beach person, but I remember being in Sihanookville, Cambodia, in 97, and having about 5 kms of white sand beach for myself. The land along the beach was as empty, incredible piece of real estate. I was just thinking of the money that could be made if they stopped carrying guns and playing Cowboys and indians over there.

Archived