OOPS in The Kitchen ..This Happen to You

Torneyboy

Was helping my wife to cook a pasta dish at lunch today for my son. (one of OHs btw...the dish not the son.)

I said open some red wine and put half a glass in the sauce.

well she did ...a 15 year old bottle of my sons a Penfolds 389 vintage 1964 cost him about THB 1700 aud 65. :doah:

This wine goes in the oak barrels after the world famous Grange Hermitage..they do not scrub the inside just put the 389 in to pick up some extra color and character.

After some initial words ..all ended up laughing.

Anything like this happen to you guys. :dunno:

I have heard of expensive bottles of port being opend by mistkae as well.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmmm..no mistake here. SO how was the sauce ? :drunk:

Captain on one of the ships I sailed liked his Plum Pudding with Rum Sauce, so he always sent the galley 2 bottles of Rum. One for the sauce and one for the cooks. :grinyes:

Of course the only real rum that ended up in the Captain's Mess was in the Special sauce for him and the Chief Engineer. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Says LaoHuLi:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Hmmmmm..no mistake here. SO how was the sauce ? :drunk:

Captain on one of the ships I sailed liked his Plum Pudding with Rum Sauce, so he always sent the galley 2 bottles of Rum. One for the sauce and one for the cooks. :grinyes:

Of course the only real rum that ended up in the Captain's Mess was in the Special sauce for him and the Chief Engineer. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The sauce was great. :neener:

He will lock his booze away from now on i think..or drink it :drunk:

Hi Zaad,

No tears..lucky after he asked if i opened it NTG jumped in and said darling sorry i did ....looking at MY son :o

Allwas well after the addmission :angel:

Not too many wines around that'll keep well after 15 years in the bottle. Don't know the Australian ones well, but most Bordeaux are way overdue after 15 years, only good for cooking perhaps?

Says orandanodes:

Not too many wines around that'll keep well after 15 years in the bottle. Don't know the Australian ones well, but most Bordeaux are way overdue after 15 years, only good for cooking perhaps?

HI,

The best of our reds you can cellar as long as take care of temp and store carefully will last very long time and drink well.

Fench vines and our great wine growing chalksoils and temps are ideal for wine growing.

Says orandanodes:

Sorry, but then you dont know all your Bordeaux then..............

I still have very excellent Bordeaux from the 70s and 80s, only for big parties ! I own over 700 bottles, all primes !

Cheers !

Archived