Prostitutes get the heave-ho before Apec

danish30

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I will avoid 17-24 Oct, that should take care of it.

BB, the December dates sound interesting. Don't know whether I can wait that long! :banghead:From all the postings about the crackdowns between now & the summit, it would seem wise to wait until after that's done, in the hope that the heat might be off.

Says Yehtmae:

Can someone tell me, in simple terms, just what the fuck all those meetings are supposed to accomplish?

:dunno:
:dunno:

APEC (the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) was formed in 1989 as a new mechanism for multilateral cooperation among the economies of the Asia-Pacific region.

APEC structure: APEC operated initially as an informal grouping of economies, decisions having been made at meetings of senior government officials from the member economies. In 1993, relations were made more formal: a secretariat was established in Singapore and member economies began to contribute to a small central fund. Chairmanship of APEC senior officials rotates and is currently occupied by New Zealand. Source

APEC Office

Purpose and Goals

APEC was established in 1989 to further enhance economic growth and prosperity for the region and to strengthen the Asia-Pacific community.

Since its inception, APEC has worked to reduce tariffs and other trade barriers across the Asia-Pacific region, creating efficient domestic economies and dramatically increasing exports. Key to achieving APEC's vision are what are referred to as the 'Bogor Goals' of free and open trade and investment in the Asia-Pacific by 2010 for developed economies and 2020 for developing economies. These goals were adopted by Leaders at their 1994 meeting in Bogor, Indonesia.

2003 Priorities

APEC Economic Leaders outlined the following priorities for 2003;

- Implementing the vision of free and open trade and investment

- Strengthening economic fundamentals

- Counter-terrorism and economic growth

- Equitable and shared prosperity

- Reaching out to our communities

Says shygye:

[color:"green"] Can someone tell me, in simple terms, just what the fuck all those meetings are supposed to accomplish?
[/color]

Free vacations at government expense and racking up the FF miles.
:doah:

Oh yeah, silly me. :doah: Glad it's not my taxes paying for them. :beer:

I not sure what the plan was, but still tons of girlies crawling all over the place here ( I got here last tues/phuket)

tuktuk drivers and towts seem to have toned things down several notches though.

lots of new construction still half done in patong too. looks like the usual

pppP (PISS POOR PRIOR PLANNING)

BUT STILL HEAVEN ON EARTH AS LONG AS THE BOOZE IS FLOWING.

Archived