Potataoe

Torneyboy

Says Old Hippie:

Try baking the potatoes, and mashing them (with or without the skins), mix in butter, and egg, dash of milk if you like, add ground peper (white or black) and roasted garlic if you like...

Sounds YUM...OH

Some people swear by leaving skin on..more flavour thay say??

Never tried..but give this a go next time...wont be long as she is making it every second night.

I will have to come up with something new..before spuds grow out my ears ::

Hi torneyboy

I can certainly find my way around a kitchen!!

More to the point is that after a days work, I seldom feel like "cooking up a storm" so to speak, so leave it to the g/f. She's a fair cook, but much more at home cooking thai than farang.

I suppose I *should* make an effort to teach her a few farang dishes (although, to be honest, put me in a kitchen and I am more likely to cook Indian than farang!) in the long run it would pay off....

-j-

Says josh_ingu:

Hi torneyboy

I can certainly find my way around a kitchen!!

More to the point is that after a days work, I seldom feel like "cooking up a storm" so to speak, so leave it to the g/f. She's a fair cook, but much more at home cooking thai than farang.

I suppose I *should* make an effort to teach her a few farang dishes (although, to be honest, put me in a kitchen and I am more likely to cook Indian than farang!) in the long run it would pay off....

-j-

I know the feeling.

For 2 years (in between marriages) had to cook for my sons and me every night...became a real chore and got bored and tended to cook the same things way to often.

Keep it simple for her...easy to learn.

I find the thais love to watch falang cooking.

I have a Thai student living with us they both watch me like a hawk in the kitchen...facinated in the dish im cooking...all simple stuff,pepper chicken..or a roast dinner.

They love roast chicken /pork/lamb..and the Gravy..cant get enough...i guess is so different from their cooking :dunno:

Don't know if you have an oven..but get a BBQ chicken..slice the meat off put in oven proof bowl tip in a can of cream corn and a can of assparagus..give it a stir now and again..hey presto...beautifull dinner fast.

Mash potatoes on the side ..all done easy?

Says torneyboy:

Says limbo:

Hi TB,

my wife likes em as well. The KFC ones but also in other eateries.

She could only think of KFC.

Other eateries?? [/quotTB,

eateries = restaurants.

There's a few around here that offer mashed potatoes on the side.

Says limbo:

Says torneyboy:

Says limbo:

Hi TB,

my wife likes em as well. The KFC ones but also in other eateries.

She could only think of KFC.

Other eateries?? [/quotTB,

eateries = restaurants.

There's a few around here that offer mashed potatoes on the side.

Hi Limbo.

I thought you were going to name some restaurants..then i remembered you are in Samui..not BKK :doah:

Fellas,

Here's my Thanksgiving recipe - they're killer:

Good mashing potato's are key. I use Idaho Gold in the US but I'm pretty sure you can't get them in Thailand. Try different types available in your area.

I think the key to great mashies is CREAMINESS, therefore I take the skin off.

Boil the spuds until cooked through. They cook faster if you cut them into quarters.

Put in a bowl and add equal butter (real), whipping cream, and turkey/chicken fat. Fat best collected from drippings of a roaster. You could add bacon fat for a great taste.

Add said ingredients until desired richness is attained.

I like to use a motorized whipper to get the spuds really fluffy.

Add salt to desired taste.

Now, these mashies are awsome, but be warned that if you eat too much you'll turn into a fat bastard.

I reckon you could have some fun licking these off your partner's yummy bits :o

Enjoy!!!

Says jxxxl:

Fellas,

Here's my Thanksgiving recipe - they're killer:

Good mashing potato's are key. I use Idaho Gold in the US but I'm pretty sure you can't get them in Thailand. Try different types available in your area.

I think the key to great mashies is CREAMINESS, therefore I take the skin off.

Boil the spuds until cooked through. They cook faster if you cut them into quarters.

Put in a bowl and add equal butter (real), whipping cream, and turkey/chicken fat. Fat best collected from drippings of a roaster. You could add bacon fat for a great taste.

Add said ingredients until desired richness is attained.

I like to use a motorized whipper to get the spuds really fluffy.

Add salt to desired taste.

Now, these mashies are awsome, but be warned that if you eat too much you'll turn into a fat bastard.

I reckon you could have some fun licking these off your partner's yummy bits
:o

Enjoy!!!

This is the food thread..not nightlife ::

Wow very rich...i am not to keen on cream or milk.

I use a lot of butter and salt.

Yours sounds good would like to try ,my wife likes a lot of cream so she can be the taste tester.

TB,

Don't mind the cream, it's just for consistency. Once you wip it all together, you won't notice it.

The KFC mashies are much too soft. You want the consistence to be stiff enough so that they won't fall off a spoon but soft enough so there are no lumps.

Sorry to sound to technical, but I LOVE mash potatos.

One thing about pan drippings is that it's one of the best ways to flavor food. Not the best thing to put in your body, but once in a while....

Archived