Life of ex-sex workers

jasmine

funny how being a "whore" is a dead-end street morally, but being a punter should not stain the whole character of a guy, or even be a questionned choice. You are a happy fellow, ignorance is bliss.

You confuse self-esteem and pride. As I wrote once (never got so many :up: remarks about it, sorry for bragging): their pride is inversely proportional to the amount of self-esteem lost both as a poor woman, and as a sex worker.

I am afraid your extensive quantitative research into how much they make won't allow you to grasp much more about them, though. Incidentally, I would like to know the sources, fields and number of informants you went thru ( :opun intended) to be sure of this number.

PS: whores do not take you to their family or introduce you to kins or friends, do not invite you to their Bday or other parties, in short, do not get emotionally involved with the customer. And certainly do not let you have sex for free. Maybe someday, you will get lucky too, it usually helps to go beyond appearances, behind the smile, as they say.....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<I reckon the Japanese guys have got a much better idea about prostitution than Westerners and see it for what it is, paid sex and not bought love>>

From what I've heard from bg's I have spoken with most Japanese men never perform the sex act in full by ehem getting overly excited before entering :hubba:

Says pattaya127:

funny how being a "whore" is a dead-end street morally, but being a punter should not stain the whole character of a guy, or even be a questionned choice.

For me it's the other way around .... I'm sure you think it's just as ignorant :)

Your right, I should have said just a 'few' girls who I have chatted up recently gave me those figures. God knows not ever girl is pulling that kinda cash.

The one who said bluntly she sends home 30,000/month, lives in (basically) a little box room with her sister, coackroaches, no bed, they sleep on the floor (yes, I've been there.) 2000baht/month, something like that.

Stew, since you believe waht these bgs tell you, next time you should ask them about what they thing about farang teachers coming to their bar. ? :rolleyes:

Then we could compare notes from my girls. :grinyes:

I've read that only about 3% of the entire population of Thailand r prostitutes. I forget the math there, but seems it can't be right. So what r we to believe that 97% are in some form of 'honest' trade? But here we are wasting our breath on a measly 3%!

Well 3% of 60+ million is hmmmmm...... 1.8 million.

So I presume you don't teact math. :dunno:

I met a BG working 2 years in KingsCpatpong, i ask her, why u still here? She said, i have lots of friends and its fun.

Truth is, no alternative. No education, no job, a baby, where else can she make that kind of money? Nowhere.

Got that part right. :beer:

Sorry, I have to maintain that BGs are sort of brainless (adjective), take every girl out of the bar, slap her picture on the net with a nice honest write up, that could include sex, and its downhill from there - she can pick and choose the fellows that appeal to her...just a (bad) idea. Takes alot of thought, poo-ying mai chorp kit mag, kow-jai ba? Jing jing, ja buua reo, naa?

Well Stew, some of us do read the English language, and no longer need instruction in the basic of modifier usage.

So it appears that you have already found your next career path. I'm sure the girls can't wait for your advice. :banghead::censored::banghead:

KSanuk: I thought i was calculating low? 15 customers I thought would be a minimum, and girls always ask 2000ST at kings castle group. Perhaps we should do a survey?

Have to get a lot of girls to join the board for that poll. Then of course, they would never lie, right. :doah:

Girls are doing very well to gross 50-60K baht per month. To do that they need to be at the top of their game, work a popular place and hustle well. Girls earning 30K are considered to be doing well, and most get away with 1/2 of that. Yes, there are the few that make 100K+, but only a few of that 1.8 million, and then only for limited period of time.

And what i meant about the 'secret' account was that they could stash away some for those rainy days, they must have some inkling that mum (and dad?) aren't as idealic as they ( [color:"red"]or, most certainly, we [/color] ) imagine

punctuation corrected for clarity

idealic (idealistic ? idealic is only used when used as an adjective related to inanimate objects) speak for thyself.

You'd think so anyways...they do have brains, its just a question of whether they use them or not.

True for everyone.

I always have to tell my students, peet ga-dak, purd sa-mong! They find it amusing, none the less, i have to tell them...

No, you don't have to tell them. You choose to.

Stew. I am finding it difficult to put much creadance in some of your posts. I do not doubt that the events occured, or that you believe them, but I find the overall sense to be lacking the realities I have experienced here.

They don't have "the time (or brains)" to realize they can use the internet to exploit cash.

Who said anything about 'exploit'. How about being honest, I'm just saying its an alternative, and not a very difficult one at that. Have a look some time at the amount of men looking for women sometime, these girls have the advantage of being, very often, very attractive. No need to exploit, just be honest.

You talk "about the zillions of farangs who are daily exploited for their fortunes?" Quite some exageration. Daily? Exploited?

Yes, I'm exagerating. there education has nothing to do with it, exploited meaning lied to for the purpose of taking your money. Bars ripping off customers, etc.

Somehow, I think I could make 3 million baht last for a while, since that's around 5 years' salary for me.

Same...I sympathize with the poor sluts in the above post, but there are 100s of other contrary experiences that invalidate the 'prime example' that this article is meant to show. What a shame that material wealth is considered tantamount to happiness and success.

So it appears that you have already found your next career path. I'm sure the girls can't wait for your advice.

Yea, thanks. I've suggested it. Worth a try...and they don't even have to dance...

No, you don't have to tell them.

Yea, just like i choose to say EVERYTHING that comes out of my mouth, don't you? The point was, I don't get angry, I try to draw there attention to the fact that copying your friends paper doesn't use your brain, you have one, USE IT. Thats all.

Stew. I am finding it difficult to put much creadance in some of your posts. I do not doubt that the events occured, or that you believe them, but I find the overall sense to be lacking the realities I have experienced here.

LaoHuLi, don't patronize me. You might, rather, draw a conclusion that every mans 'experienced here' is different? And what is 'the overall sense' that lacks your 'version' of reality here???

I'm not posting to convince anyone of my credibility, just one punters take, (and yea, I can overgeneralize). I'm much more interested in what I might glean from the experience of others. What doesn't jive with my experience, well, pass over it .

Cheers :beer:

As far as your 'creadance' goes, keep it. Or maybe you are the one who has 'a lack of reality'?

---------------------

take it easy, Stew, there was nothing offending in what LHL said. Other than that, knowing a bit his experience in LOS, your posts so far show that indeed you have a bit of LOS inside-work to do before you can catch up his LOS experience. Maybe it's your phraseology, but you sound more clueless than knowledgeable, IMO.

clueless than knowledgeable

clueless? what r we talking about, soccer?

I make no claims to be knowedgable (about anything), and how it hurts to see just how little I know...as a process though, I certainly am learning alot about Bar girls here... :up:

Archived