Life of ex-sex workers

jasmine

True Jasmine,

This is pretty sad. I can only imagine all the different sad stories upcountry most farangs that remain in BKK or the tourist spots will never hear. Choice and the consequences are tough things to predict. I wish women like her had more choices though. :dunno:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sad but totally unbalanced story.

How many cases are there where the girl comes home and BUYS the village for her family???

What about the girls that go abroad (you could replace Japan here with any number of countries) work as hookers, make big bucks, buy the Snack (bar-brothel) and live happier ever after in their adopted country?

Or the working girls who marry foreigners become 'good girls' have kids and live happier ever after. No mention of these cases in the story.

Did the reporter verify any of the claims in the story or contact any foreigners for their side of the story? Doesn't look like it.

In this case it was the girl's greedy family that betrayed her the most.

When Nattiya returned home from working as a sex worker in Japan, she brought back with her one million baht in savings. But it was gone quickly with her family and relatives endlessly queuing up for help.

So she went again.

The second time she came home, she had two million baht _ and a baby daughter from her Japanese boyfriend who promised her his love, financial support and a life together in her small village in Mae Sai, Chiang Rai.

He did keep his promises _ for three years. Then she never heard from him again.

He'd be easy enough to track down through family registers here in Japan, but like many, he could have another family.

I have never heard of Japanese guys taking thai girls back home as brides as so many western men do. Perhaps for long term commitment they are not a good bet?-peter

Happens, but most meet the girls at "Snack" hostess bars where take out is usually on the menu. Many of these Thai girls work in the country where there are many lonely farmers.

As for long term commitment, same as anywhere, some good, some no good.

Says thai3:

I have never heard of Japanese guys taking thai girls back home as brides as so many western men do. Perhaps for long term commitment they are not a good bet?-peter

They don't take them home as brides but quite often marry them when they're already in Japan. I know 2 Thai-Japanese couples over here where the Thai girls worked as sex workers in Japan and later married Jap. guys. I believe that they are no exception but that this happens quite often.

Says Stickman:

I reckon the Japanese guys have got a much better idea about prostitution than Westerners and see it for what it is, paid sex and not bought love.

Stick

Stick,

I wouldn't generalize this. As in the West this depends very much on the guy as an individual. Prostitution doesn't have the stigma, it has in the West. In pre WWII Japan prostitution was a highly regarded profession. Only after WWII prostitution was officially outlawed in Japan. But as in Thailand it's very much alive and thriving.

The ones I do feel sorry for are those who choose NOT to enter the business despite the unspoken family pressure.

Working a factory, 6 days a week, one day off, then night shift, ad nauseum. Try that for three years, then on your weekend u study, which means u don't sleep for 3 nights/days per week. Yes, u have a baby back home. Perhaps mum and dad 'sighlently' expect the cash to be flowing in, and so tell YOU to take care of the baby! etc etc...

"Family squanders the daughters millions", jesus christ, as far as i recall a million can go a long way up country... :dunno:

Right, still human, with feelings, a heart, a BRAIN, the ability to stand up for themselves any damn moment they should so happen to choose, but they don't, they CHOOSE to be a whore. No self esteem? Not met many who don't have rock solid ego's with a kind of super savior status granted them, albeit complicitly, with mum (and dad if he's even around). They send the money back home, ok, who says the what is the limit though? Most (i've met) have the exact same goal 1) feed baby 2) build mum a house. That doesn't take millions of baht.

Granted, once in the game, hard to get out, but self esteem? You think being called dok-tong, ee-galee, ee-doch, naa-yet, etc etc bothers them? Ask them, they don't give a shit.

Average BG sends home 30,000./month and that ain't all of it. Where's the limit? You leave the game when u want to, most cases nobody even knows there in it. And although a generalization, I've been told amillion times by BG's that they love it. Sanuk.

Just don't ask them what they plan to do in the future. :neener:

Archived