How not to travel to Pattaya

This sounds like kind of a fun option for a way to get to Pattaya! I think I may give it a shot next time I am in Bangkok, rather than using Thai Limo.

Regards

BKK22 -

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you (or anyone) happen to know how late those buses from Ekemai to Pattaya run? On my next trip, I will be arriving at DM airport at 11:30 p.m. and would like to know if I could catch one without having to spend the night in BKK.

Also, how often do the 90 bht buses run and do you know the bus number or how to specify the express bus to the ticket seller?

Thanks, Mongatu

Not exactly an answer ... but the last bus coming back from Pattaya to Bangkok is 9pm ... so I don't think there is a bus running that late from Bangkok to Pattaya ... but not 100% sure.

Bus runs very frequently ... 20 minutes or less I believe. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes to get moving.

90 baht and the cheaper fare bus use different windows. It's not that hard to look for and find the window selling 90 baht to Pattaya.

11.30pm at Don Muang will be too late to catch a bus to Pattaya. Your only option would be a private car/taxi.

You could catch the last Airport bus A3 for 100 baht and set down in the Sukhumvit Road. You can get a room for under 500 baht near the bus station, ie http://www.sawasdee-hotels.com/new/hotel/sawasdee_sukhumvit.html or closer to the 'sanuk' area. :drunk:

You can take the bus the next day.

Alternatively, you can organise a taxi pick up from Bkk Airport for 1000 baht, by email; khrongfa@ego.co.th or calling, in advance, on +6638 716528, +6638 423067, +66 1575 6754, +66 1694 6139 Fax: +6638 716528

Thanks, that's what I suspected. I'll probably just take that A3 and spend the night at one of the hotels off Sukumvit and take that 90 bht bus to Pattaya the next day, unless someone wants to share a taxi. It will be the night of Oct. 29.

Nice to know about the email taxi service too.

yeah I'm afraid 9-10pm is last run for the aircon pty bus, but severel other buses forther south bound for rayong/trat etc run untill 11:30pm or so from ekamai.

still arriving at DM close to midnight will still be too late even for the morchit buses close to DM, who also have buses to pty & further east...

just get a regular taxi & they within the first 3 or so you ask one will agree to B800-1000 for the ride not a great deal & should get you there in time to have some fun in the bar beers or disco's :hubba:

The last bus from Ekkamai is at 2300 hrs, arriving at 0130 hrs.

30 minute intervals.

The first is at 0500 hrs arriving at 0730 hrs. Tel: 02 3912504

I think the last Airport Bus is at 0030 hrs

Archived