Jintara live on 30th Aug at Klong Tan

danish30

Thanks Peter, that is certainly helpful. And also thank you Danish, I look forward to furtehr info from your GF.

Now all I'd like is a book or software programme that translates the songs into english. I understand a few words, but not enough to get the whole story.

I suppose I'll have to find a TG who can do that :-)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good concert. There were the katoeys (that always seem to gather at mor lam concerts), people dancing on their motorbikes, a Thai guy with a t-shirt that said "Fuck You, You Fucking Fuck" (nice chap though as I exchanged a few words with him) and even an obnoxiously drunk farang stuffing away :) (I doubt that was you though. He didn't look like a candidate to make posts 03:42 in the morning :grinyes:).

I enjoyed it tremendously. Too bad about the fights (I only saw the incident to the right of the stage). I don't think however anyone got seriously hurt. I sat at the entrance and there were only a few people with minor bruises passing by. Cops, both uniformed and in plain-clothes, were there -- but it's just not much they can do when a fight breaks out in the middle of a 2000-headed crowd...

Hi Straycat,

I did enjoy the concert a lot as well, and no, I was not the drunk farang dancing all over the place :) did look like he had a very good time though :) .. I think I saw you sitting in the back near the motorbikes, right?

You are right, there isn't much the police and do when things turn bad, unless there is a lot of them. Just too sad that a few bad elements sometimes ruins it for the rest.

But still, I will be back there next time they have some good morlam :)

Best regards,

Danish30

• 2 years later...

Anyone have any English language info about upcoming molam concerts in either isan or BKk over the next couple of months?

i know because of the rains it is low season, but sometimes special events happen, and I'm more then happy to travel to attend them (i'm based in Vientiane anyway)

Archived