Jintara live on 30th Aug at Klong Tan

danish30

Hi,

I have been informed that Jintara will be part of the morlam concert at Klong Tan on next saturday. Personally I am a fan of her, but for those who don't know her, I would say you should definately try one of these concerts. Especially if you like morlam. This place is not easy to find if you don't know where it is, but it can be reached within 15-30 minutes from Sukhumvit. The Klong Tan intersection is located where Petchbury road and Ramkhamhaeng road meets. When you get there, look for a Family Markt shop and you will find the concert area right next to it (food market outside). Entrance is usually not more that 100 Baht here, beer is cheap inside, but if you wish you can buy what you like at Family or 7-11 and bring it inside. You have to rent a plastic chair near the entrance if you wish to sit down, 10-20 Baht each. Lots of local Issan people will attend the concert, there will be heavy drinking and possibly fights beaking out in front of the stage, so be a bit careful. If you want to go there and needs further instruction on how to get there you are welcome to PM me. I will go there with 5-6 Thai friends.

Best regards,

Danish30

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danish,

Where did you get this annoucement ?

The location of Klong Tan Intersection is better described as the intersection of Sukhumvit Soi 71, New Phetchaburi Road, Ramkhamhaeng Road and Phatthanakan Road. There is a fly-over here that links New Phetchaburi and Phatthanakan roads.

The Family Mart is on Sukhumvit Soi 71, after crossing the Klong Tan canal on the right side (as coming from Sukhumvit) prior to arriving at the actual Klong Tan intersection. Very difficult to park in this area, so best to take taxi or public transport. The Phrakhanong Skytrain station is located the closest, then take a bus on Sukhumvit Soi 71 to the venue.

Cheers!

be heavy drinking and possibly fights beaking out in front of the stage, so be a bit careful. If you want to go there and needs further instruction on how to get there you are welcome to PM me. I will go there with 5-6 Thai friends.

""Fights in front of the stage""

Is this normal for Thai Concerts.... :dunno:

Hi Michael,

Excelent description of the area, and you are right, from the skytrain it's easiest to catch a bus or taxi from Phrakanong.

I got the information from one of my Issan friends who is also a big fan of Jintara, she is usually reliable on these concert dates.

Best regards,

Danish30

Hi Straycat,

Good map, and yes it's just behind the small market that runs from the intersection down past the Family Markt.

I think you will be right with Jintara starting her performance around 10 pm, but might be a good idea to get there a bit earlier as it usually gets a bit crowded. I think I will arrive arround 9 pm or something.

Usually not much farangs at concerts in this place, I think 2-3 (including me) is the max I have seen the times I've been there.

See you there, I will be with a group of Thais 3-5 including my gf.

Danish30

""Fights in front of the stage""

Is this normal for Thai Concerts....

Hi TB,

Well... yes it is in a way. Depends on the band, venue, location etc. etc. Notorious for it in the deep south! I remember I went to see LOSO last year at Takua Pa (in between Surat Thai and Krabi), and the gig got stopped after 10 mins. as their were too many fights. Luckily, being a farang, they left me alone! :o

Was really pissed off though - they're one of my favourite Thai bands and I'd been wanting to see them live for ages!!! Haven't heard of touring since - and I leave LOS in a month!!! :onfire:

Fly P,

funny that you mention LOSO. Saw them about 3 or 4 times last year on Samui. Never a single fight tho, not on the shows that I attended.

I hear this a lot and do believe it as well, the violence during live shows, but sofar I must say that I've been lucky, never saw a single fight.

I heard of fights on Samui tho, during/after shows, but I wasn't there.

It's probably got something to do with the fact that I don't visit that many shows anymore.

Archived