Pha

can u give a translation, giving myself some practice... Let me try...

ra Khui thaam internet/teresap khuap took wan.

ra Khui?....ask telephone....khuap? every say.

Rau jaak mee okaat ruu jak gan dii kwa nii lae Khui ruang pai tieow doei gan boy krang, tae thung wan nii jang mai mee okaat.

lost me. We from have future know together better than this and we talk about going somewhere for fun many times, but until today...(jang mai mee okaat. What?)

Khrao nii Pom je waang plan pai tieow Koh Samui, lae Nok bohk khap pom wah tje pai duay;

This time I'm free and plan to go to samui, and Nok told me if I wanted to go (right?)

mae khong mai wah Nok. Khun Mae khit janngai, hai anumat Nok pai duay mai.

Not sure...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>ra Khui thaam internet/teresap khuap took wan.<<

First word is misspelled and should read "Rau".

Translates to: we talk over internet/phone alomst every day

>>Rau jaak mee okaat ruu jak gan dii kwa nii lae Khui ruang pai tieow doei gan boy krang, tae thung wan nii jang mai mee okaat<<

We like to have the opportunity to konw each other better and have been talking about goging somewhere together >>quite often, but until know haven't had the chance.

>>Khrao nii Pom je waang plan pai tieow Koh Samui, lae Nok bohk khap pom wah tje pai duay;<<

This time I have planned to go to Koh Samui and Nok has told me she'd like to go too.

<<mae khong mai wah Nok. Khun Mae khit janngai, hai anumat Nok pai duay mai<<

Hope mum doesn't is angry at NOK What's mum's opnion, does NOK have persmission to go too.

"ee mae - gu ja paa look sau mueng pai thiaow. dai boo? "

So...I am hungry enough to understand what is going on and very teased by this insider exchange between people who are more fluent. I understand this is not to be said, but in case I hear it or some of it, could you guys translate?

Thanks,

GG

...and different from english (which nowadays has just one form of adress - "I" and "you", you have here countless forms of adressing someone (and yourself).

"gu" for "I" and "mueng" for "you" are very impolite forms of adressing, not really the way how you want to speak with the mother of the bird you wanna go out with, unless you want to get the boot... :p

also the "ee" in front of the "mae" (mother) is not that polite...

what makes it more confusing is that good friends do adress themselves that way, and in many village dialects members of the same clan use those forms all the time.

in the old days "gu" and "mueng" were actually very polite forms, but that has changed now.

Archived