Chinese tourists fight back as police raid sexshow

El_Tel

From the Pattaya Mail.

I gotta admit, this brough a smile to my face.

Interruption of lewd stage act prompts audience to attack police and press

Boonlua Chatree

Chinese tourists who were watching a lewd sex show in the Bang Up Entertainment bar became furious when a police raid interrupted their lascivious enjoyment. The angry tourists began throwing bottles and attacking police and news reporters as the raid forced the club to shut down.

Over 40 police officers and reporters raided the venue located in North Pattaya, following an investigation of the establishment?s illegal activities. Police stormed in last Friday afternoon, while three young Thai women were performing sex acts on stage.

The lewd show performers are herded into a pickup truck for transport to the police station.

The 150 odd Chinese tourists who paid well over 1,000 baht per head to watch the show began attacking police at the interruption of their ?entertainment?. The sight of reporters with video and still cameras enraged them even more and they began attacking reporters trying to grab any form of evidence from being linked to the illegal activities.

A number of the press sustained minor injuries. Police had their hands full as they called for backup to quell the heated situation, while trying to prevent the violent visitors from injuring the media. All tourists were promptly ordered out of the venue and into their waiting tour bus.

Once tempers had cooled and the tourists were herded into the buses, police arrested the manager and the three young performers. He was charged with providing lewd entertainment and fined 2,000 baht after being thrown in jail and each of the three young women were fined 500 baht before being released.

Pol. Col. Kamolchai Tiengrungroj chief of the Pattaya police later disclosed that the owner of the establishment was not detained during the raid because he fled during the commotion. Kamolchai said he will push for the venue to be permanently closed for breaking the law and operating without a license.

"Big up the Chinese" :)

Methinks their reaction was more to do with the loss of 'well over 1000 bahts' worth of entertainment.

:devil:

This makes the 'fines' look rather pathetic too.

I guess these are the notorious 'bonking' shows that only the Chinese tour groups can get into. In my opinion much more sleazy than a go-go bar with a bum or boob on display.

I would love a Chinese perspective on this!

Says Old Hippie:

This is not something I would advocate! This is their (Thais) country (Thailand) and thus their rules, and we as guest must respect them or leave.

I second your opinion. As a guest it is definitely not an appropriate behaviour to throw bottles and to attack the police of your hosting country.

On the other hand, I really understand the anger and disappointment. After travelling many hours and spending some money, leaving the aircraft full of expectations, you finally discover empty bars/ a much slowed down nightlife.

I think, everybody has to decide, whether to go now and to expect some changes, to wait and observe the scenery or to go somewhere else. Cambodia, the Philippines, Indonesia et.al. are just a few hours away. Not easy though. As I am not so much into gogo bars and shows (makes me boring after 30 minutes all the time) los is still a place for me. :)

Archived