Muang Tong Tani toll mafia.

steffi

Someone has installed a Toll gate on one of the only access roads into Muang Thon Tani. I'm surprised this sort of thing has gone on without any comment. I mean if you wish to go to the the exhibition hall or drop your kids off at St Xaviers you're going to be a hit for a 5 baht charge just to use a small access road to get into Muang Tong Tani. And unless you go out the back way and back down Chaeng Wattana they'll hit you up for another 5 baht when you leave.

I know the road you are talking about. That's the little tiny back road. The main road leading in, which runs off the Expressway past Impact Arena, is still free as a bird.

Oh, and I first noticed that back road charging 5 baht more than ayear ago. I always use the main road if I'm going out there. I see they're still charging the 5 baht for the back one then, but why don't you use the main road, and why did you not notice this before now??

Couple of things... Often we just want to come back to where that access road begins and turn left without having to go all the way down Chaeng Wattana and turning left along vihabwadi rangsit to get home. There was a time when they didn't charge for this road but since it's so useful they charge now and they charge on entry _AND_ exit. There's a bit much if you ask me.

I know the road you mean and if you come in the back way it saves you getting in the traffic on the main road and saves lots of time, this road does make a lot of money as there is always many cars going in and out of there,

There are a few other roads around that are privately owned roads that have this charge, One of them nearby the road you mentioned has built a bridge and put up lighting and actualy deserve to make a profit from it, you always have the choice to go the long way and get stuck in the traffic or take the short cut and pay 5 baht, for 5 baht its well worth it and I would never even consider going the long way, its just another enterprising Thai business idea so go with the flow ......

Archived