Proposed Immigration rules for July 2004

rickfarang

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the guy saying public employees can take tips.

I would have to read it again and not interested in doing so again at this time. Maybe it could just be the translation.

Could you please send tips to: wcv56

A big enough tip will get anything (kickback) you want or prevent the delay crap. They know if something is offered to expidite i,t it will get done instead of sitting somewhere for weeks and only sitting so it can provide a possible tip.

Says LaoHuLi:

[color:"red"]WARNING......I MEAN THIS !

[/color]

Be VERY WARY of ANYTHING you read from this 'journalist'.

I personally know him...way too well and lets us say that when it comes to yellow journalism...he is a leader in the field. A few facts are often embelsihed by anything that takes his fancy. So lets not all get in a flap.....well not until it's reported by a more 'reliable' source.

BINGO.

The correct translation says "or" not "and" for starters... :nono:

Says rickfarang:

The foreign husband must have not less than 400,000b in the bank and earnings of at least 40,000b per month.

(Monkey - this is just to put some extra clarification into your post.)

This should be the passage above

The foreign husband must have not less than 400,000b in the bank OR earnings of at least 40,000b per month.

It should not be "and".

So everybody who teaches at Rajabhats, ECC, SIAM Computer and a lot of normal goverment schools etc is stuffed as they wont earn 40K a month.

I could add extra comments about the way the Lt Col sidestepped the difficult questions about rich bad people and good poor people but I wont.

The way I read it, ther proposal means that if you are Canadian/American you will need to show earning 60K baht a month. :banghead:

I don't think anyone should get too concerned at the moment, but if I was a teacher, I certainly would have my CV polished up and maybe take Korean lessons.

Well one thing for sure thailand is tired of being the farang peace corp of asia. I guess it scares the hell out of alot

of people they may have to go home and really prove what they are worth. There will probably be enough retired people that will pick up on these low paying jobs just for something to do, so I would not worry about the brain drain.

The wages being offered in Korea are not much more than a normal to low wage compared to back home and definetly does not afford much for savings so just another dead end career.

Truly to think people can go to a poor country that have never had careers or no success at home think they will find it working for rates of minmum wages of their home country in a foreign country. Do you all realize how many are now making plans if things go tits up at home they will just flee off to Thailand and live cheap for a few years which is better than living at home cheap and out of work. Many retirees are planning on half of what they need at home to retire on and will opt for an early exit from the work force of home just to become another sin city failure that have no way of making it back home again.

Is it wrong that they request long stays to bring as much as they would need to live a normal life back home as this may end up not being your future after all, actually it is less than what you would need back home if you had to pay rent and have a vehicle but just for comparison. Many of these people are being nothing more than immigrants like the same ones they complain about in their own countries.

Well I guess it will all work itself out but those that have taken on the responsiblities of wives and children hopefully the example they picked up from this highly educated and properous foreigners, helps them survive more than it did the foreigner itself or did it just give them another reason or way to make them more reliant on others without doing it on their own.

So should of we used a little common sense when we are paying 5 to 10 times as much on dowlries that we were anything more than a walking wallet ( wouldn't a normally family just be happy with the joy of their daughters may have a chance to prosperous be enough). Hell someone trying to marry someone in my family back home that makes 10 times the norm I am packing their shit and not letting them back in the house and thats without me receiving one satang, let alone me take a bribe (dowlry) from them.

In our case it is not our success, it is their failures we have capitalized on. Face it alot of the people that are crying have not made it to the first stage of success back home and now they are like a god in Thailand (or was till recently). Maybe the realization factor involved is scaring the shit out of them.

From a nothing back home to the one that saved the whole village. Well lets hope some of you get back home in time enough so your children are not making a living on the crome

pole or a katoey selling the backside brown to survive.

Time we started using common sense a bit don't you think.

Now bragg to your friends and family back home how your future in Thailand was cemented and they should think of doing the same.

Well the devils advocate off of this one for now with just another brain fart.

Archived