Proposed Immigration rules for July 2004

rickfarang

Still looks like the tightening of the 90 day is being delayed.

Also when a 90 day is not availible the 30 day one day trip may be used. This in mind not much is changed that I seen.

If I remember right owning a condo could also help as long as the money was registered for purchase proir to it being sent in. I have not kept up with this stuff and I am sure there will be exceptions to most of this by just using the right immigration issuing office.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"blue"] Thanks for posting that. I wonder what (for those wishing to retire in Thailand) would constitute "evidence of the necessity to stay permanantly" in Thailand?

[/color]

Having just gotten a one year retirement Visa, I am curious about this as well. Particularly, since the Visa is only for one year, why would there be a need to discuss more than one year?

Hope this gets clarified at some point.

[color:"red"]I get the feeling that a lot of these rules are different when it is a woman marrying a Thai man.

Sanuk!

[/color]

Of course it is different.

A non-Thai woman who is married to a Thai man can become a Thai citizen, I know of an American woman who became one in 2 years. Does she speak and write Thai, no.

You don't really expect the same rules, do you? Thailand does not have the same rules for foreign men and women, period. There are reasons that I was told but I am afraid to repeat it because I could not find it in writing anywhere. ::

Jasmine :devil:

"...the need to stay permanently..."

Yeah, that's the part that's got me worried. I seems to be open to interpretation, and all the expenses and risks that go with that.

When it comes to this subject, nothing is for certain, except maybe in this case, that the environment is becoming a little less friendly. :(

RickF

Very interesting to gauge the reactions of the people on this board and those on Thaivisa dot com to (what I thought) was worrying news.

On Thaivisa dot com everyone's running around screaming 'the end is nigh' and on here you guys are as cool as cucumbers. Nice one lads.

BTW, hope you're well KS.

[color:"red"]WARNING......I MEAN THIS !

[/color]

Be VERY WARY of ANYTHING you read from this 'journalist'.

I personally know him...way too well and lets us say that when it comes to yellow journalism...he is a leader in the field. A few facts are often embelsihed by anything that takes his fancy. Since after 7 years in CM during which he never had a date, he is now married. Sure he would love to take the piss out of any farang that doesn't live up to 'his' standards, so read it with a large degree of scepticism about what was actually said.

So lets not all get in a flap.....well not until it's reported by a more 'reliable' source.

Well, knowing this there is not much info that has changed or

is not up for a please explain. I will have to read it again today but it seems as the marriage visa is the same as the requirements for the one year visa or retirement visa. The most important issues is the 90 day visa and the normal small business owner. The question and answer thing seemed very dodgy at the least. I would not give other than it may be close

to what may can be expected.

Archived