How do you say these phrases in thai

[color:"red"] laeo ngai? (I have it translated as 'whats the difference?')

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this 'translation' is right? As it would be used in English?

[/color]

May I suggest that you don't use it with people who you don't know. For an example, a student should not talk so with his teachers. It can be interpretted as a challenge and I will never say such to my mother. May I suggest "laeo tang gun yang rai?" = "What is the difference?"?

Jasmine

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

laeo ngai? (I have it translated as 'whats the difference?')

So this 'translation' is right? As it would be used in English?

I think 'laeo ngai' is definately 'So what' in a challenging manner and as Jas suggests could get you into trouble if you're not careful.

How would u say (perhaps to a student emploring, apologizing very sweetly to u), "being cute doesn't persuade me" (implying that u are not persuded to be kind, but in a joking way, not serious)

Says Stew:

How would u say (perhaps to a student emploring, apologizing very sweetly to u), "being cute doesn't persuade me" (implying that u are not persuded to be kind, but in a joking way, not serious)

Hmmm (scratches head) can't think of anything offhand, it'd be something that I'd think up on the spot.

How 'bout "Nu tum dua narak kae nai Pii gor yang my seu/gin/tam/ow/prian jai/etc"

(Sorry no Thai keyboard today) :banghead:

How do u say "(it was) my pleasure"?

context: buying somthing, attractive clerk smiles and says kop khun mag ka.

How would u say a nice coloquial "(it was) my pleasure"?

[color:"red"] How would u say (perhaps to a student emploring, apologizing very sweetly to u), "being cute doesn't persuade me" (implying that u are not persuded to be kind, but in a joking way, not serious)

[/color]

Hmm, a male or female?

A Thai friend of mine is a teacher in all-boys school (teenagers) whom students try to chanrm her constantly. She has many sentences to stop them on their tracks, especially about their grades, the best one is "Proy Sanae Pai te, sit teerak, mai me phon nae" =Spread your charm (darling), no results (changed) here". And a bright smile must accompany this sentence, ok?

Jasmine ::

Archived