How do you say these phrases in thai

the above post was in regard to a naughty girl...emlporing but never wanting to practice...anyway she speaks fluent english, but i like to code switch on occassion - makes them LISTEN! Lol. Fang ajarn...but play with the farang....

Anyhow a new unrelated question. Driving home in the taxi, stopped in traffic right in front of soi Cowboy, the driver peering downthe alley, laughs and says "yaa dong", I asked him what it meant, somethng about the girls flitting about? What does that phrase mean, never heard it before.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>The only thing I know about it is spices/herbs pickled in alcohol, some people drink it<<<

I only know it as such as well. It's a reddish herbal alcoholic beverage. Women seem to drink it mostly as it is said to help blood circulation, particulrly good for those monthly times that women encounter.

Also it's cheap

probably exactly what the cabbie meant.

Why is cabbies always know and frequent these 'herbal' booze spots?

Customers want to go there, or are they keeping the buzz on to get through another 16 hr shift behind the wheel. ?

>>>What does that phrase mean, never heard it before. <<<

after a lot of rechecking and conferring (even the missus hasn't heart that one yet) it is clear now:

what the taxidriver meant is a play with the herbal alcohol "ya dong" indeed. there are appearantly certain forms of ya dong which somehow work as an aphrodisiacum (in short: give 'ya a stiffy). so, those girls and bars he compared to that.

now that's a bit difficult, i'm known here for dirty slang, not for my sweet talking skills :p

ok, i'll give a try, even though my translation skills are rather lousy:

"samut wa ... phom ja wa khun mee hun na rak, khun 'ja wa phom mei?"

[color:"red"]work as an aphrodisiacum (in short: give 'ya a stiffy). so, those girls and bars he compared to that.

[/color]

Talked to my mother this AM and she told me that there are several types of "ya dong". Some can be for birth control, some is an aphrodis., like you said, and the best part she said, it has alcohol. Some people will drink anything with alcohol, I swear. ::

New to me that there are booths selling the "ya dong", is it considered alcohol beverage and taxed as such?

Jasmine :)

Archived