How do you say these phrases in thai

>>>New to me that there are booths selling the "ya dong", is it considered alcohol beverage and taxed as such?<<<

well, thaksin wants to tax everything. but i guess that those booths are more taxed below the hand from the "tessakit".

that ya dong stuff is the devil. twice i was drunk on it, completely wasted - the first time i didn't know better, i was just sitting and drinking. and then i got up. and then my memory fades. the missus still brings the topic up once a while... :doah:

the second time i had no choice. i needed to get permission from some guerilla authorities to go into some camp in their territory - in order to get that i had to get shitfaced with them with some opiumlaced ya dong, and then had to manage to sober up within two hours or so while walking through the forest, getting transported by boat all over, waiting at some checkpoint while thai border police and army received a load of smuggled wood... but i didn't catch malaria. :drunk:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

samut wa ... phom ja wa khun mee hun na rak

Let me go at a translation, cause the second half I wouldn't have a clue what it meant, so its maybe the context of how to use certain of those words such as "wa".

So the above: "Supposing that...I think that you have a nice body (could also say "hun dee?" or "hun suai"?)

Now the second half how does that work?

khun 'ja wa phom mei?

"you'd think me?" (I'm tanslating "mei" as the question marker "mai") How does "wa" function here....?

Some can be for birth control

That must be it.

He must have seen a girl just down the way there, it was still light out, drinking this, perhaps for birth control? He then went on to say how those bars are dangerous, the bars don't check the girls, he must have been thinking how she probably was pregnant or something.

Also a girl I once knew who thought she was pregnant spoke about having to drink a great quantity of 'liquid yaa', and that it makes u very drunk....it seemed to "the" way, the abortion pill...

[color:"red"] you'd think me?" (I'm tanslating "mei" as the question marker "mai") How does "wa" function here....?

[/color]

"wa" in this case, means "say something against it, or complain about it". In your context asked earlier, it is very close to "would you hold it against me"?

I really like the way Flyonzewall puts it, ones could say in a few other ways, but his is charming! :bow:

"hun narak" sounds a little akward to me, "hun suai" is better IMO, but make sure you pronounce the word "suai" correctly, ok?

Jasmine ::

>>>"hun narak" sounds a little akward to me, "hun suai" is better IMO, but make sure you pronounce the word "suai" correctly, ok?<<<

that's the reason why i have used that na rak, and not the suay. wrong pronounciation, and instead of a charming giggle he'll get a slap in the face. :p

[color:"red"] the second time i had no choice. i needed to get permission from some guerilla authorities to go into some camp in their territory - in order to get that i had to get shitfaced with them with some opiumlaced ya dong, and then had to manage to sober up within two hours or so while walking through the forest, getting transported by boat all over, waiting at some checkpoint while thai border police and army received a load of smuggled wood... but i didn't catch malaria.

[/color]

The mosquitoes that bit you were drunk on the first sip of your blood, that is why you didn't catch malaria :neener:

Jasmine

You: Khun mee hun dee tjang loei

Her: Paak waan tjing tjing

You: Mai chai, poot kwaam tjing

Her: Rawang mot khuen paak nah tja.

You: Wah Pom Tommai, Hun dee rue mai, rak khun samue

Her: Hen mai, wa chun khilae chai mai?

• 3 weeks later...

(Female) teacher washing up some dishes in the staff room asks the maid if she washed the dishes well or not, because i happened to be standing there I translated for the maid as

"kow tam geng mai?"

How would the maid have understood this phrase? I didn't think quick enough, perhaps should have been:

"Ajarn lan-jaan geng mai krap?"

or, could u say

"Ajarn tam kwaam sa-aad geng mai krap?"

>>>"kow tam geng mai?"

How would the maid have understood this phrase? <<<

the maid must have had a good laugh afterwards. :grinyes:

you have been asking her one of the typical sentences with a clear double meaning - you could have meant her washing the dishes, but you could have meant another activity as well...

but don't worry, i do the same constantly, and get the piss taken out of me often.

"tam quam saad" is something different, means more cleaning the house. "lang jaarn" is the right expression.

Archived