How do you say these phrases in thai

in a little shop at MBK, spent some time looking at stuff, went to counter, and cashier says: (something like)

"khun dai arai ka"

Now I heard the "dai" around which was a few words that i didn't catch. I think she must have said something like "have u decided yet" or "did u find what ur looking for", or "u got every thing" etc

What might she have said?! Its something simple, but never heard it. one word followed by "dai" then i think "arai" was in there...about 4 or 5 words...anyone know what she might have said?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Stew:

in a little shop at MBK, spent some time looking at stuff, went to counter, and cashier says: (something like)

"khun dai arai ka"

Now I heard the "dai" around which was a few words that i didn't catch. I think she must have said something like "have u decided yet" or "did u find what ur looking for", or "u got every thing" etc

What might she have said?! Its something simple, but never heard it. one word followed by "dai" then i think "arai" was in there...about 4 or 5 words...anyone know what she might have said?

I'm only guessing but the word 'dai' in the context you have outlined could mean to 'gain' or 'get' so she was basically asking "What did you get?"

that sounds right, so the expression may have been just "dai arai ka"?

She probably didn't say "khun", woul make it too informal being that she doesn't know me. (?)

How would u ask: "what do u have for (eg: inflammation)"

"Mi arai (bang?) samrup ak-saeb" doesn't feel right....I know "sam-rup" is rather formal isn't it, and can you say "bang" here?

[color:"red"]....I know "sam-rup" is rather formal isn't it, [/color]

Sorry to contradict, but "sam-rup" means "for" and it is not formal as far as I know. It is needed to be used in the context you mentioned.

However, you can omit the word if in a context that you are looking for a (something) medicine to alleviate pain - "Mee arai kae powd mai Krup? (ÃÕÃÃäÃá¡é»Ç´äËäÃѺ)".

Jasmine

Including the word "bang" gives it IMO a meaning like

"what medicine do you have etc...", as opposed to "do you have medicine etc...." which sounds a rather obvious question when in a drug store.

Archived