sad & good....

vinod

The speculation and the suspense during the past 3 months are finally out :: Our CEO addressed the senior member of the company after the Board Meeting yesterday that the company is exiting from the one the product developments and shutting down the business division, which will result in 145 engineers making to the ranks of unemployed hi-tech industry :onfire:The sad & good news is that I head this division (VP) and the good news ;)is the BOD has approved my severance package as per the contract, which is close to 18 months pay. I?ll be out on the street from end of November. The sad part all my business trips to SE Asia are gone :banghead: :banghead:and I?ll miss all the great team members who worked with me.

After working for 19 years in the IT & Telecom, :banghead:I plan to take a break for 1 year and move to Bangkok, ;) it is not for just sanuk but more to do things of my own and take life a bit cool :: As a workaholic I cannot spend ideal the whole day and looking for doing something worthwhile and also explore if I can make some money to take care of a few expenses during my stay.

I would be interested in some kind of exports from Thailand, if anybody is interested in helping on the follow-up, running around, sourcing samples, shipping, etc., I plan to have small office complete with internet and other related stuff that goes with it. This is more to have some kind of office to keep me busy and not just lazing the whole day in the hotel / apartment.

Well I know many board member would say that I will running more around bars / girls, :clown: then doing something worth while but I would mention that I am old hand in this :neener:(more than 50 trips in 4 years) the bar scene & girls do not interest me any more, expect when I have to take around a new visitor on a tour of the famous nightlife. I stick more to pool bars and have a drink or 2 and head back to my room during my business trips.

I would be open to other ideas (except teaching) also, thanks.

cheers :beer:

vinod

Hi Vinod -

'Sorry to hear about the plane running out of fuel - but glad to hear they gave you a nice parachute.

Take a look at Bangkok Staff Service and Indo-Siam Group - my firm is an advertiser on this board, so I think Khun Sanuk has no problem with me making this post.

My company can help you in both areas - starting your own company, and providing local sourcing support.

We also run Thai Trade Data Service , which can identify 100% of all Thai impoters or exporters of record, for any trade good that is assigned a Harmonized System (international tarriff) code.

We also run Siam Website Service , so once you are operating, we can help you establish a website presence. On our own, we are working to develop a platform to help wholesale traders expand their markets - see work-in-progress at One Source Global .

I know about being a workaholic! We also run Thai SuperCool in our "free time"!

You can PM me at steve@indo-siam.com if you want more info.

Good luck!

Be alert. Bangkok needs more lerts!

StoneSoup

You forgot to mention that you are the Bangkok Chairman of the International Alert Committee. :grinyes:

I will pay my dues at the AGM in Dec, because I too want to be a lert. :beer:

I will also throw in a round tuit, then we can all get around to it. :cover:

:beer:

Hi Vinod,

I believe that things will work out.

Hubby is turning 62 this year but still wants to work, perhaps I should go behind his back getting him laid off (may be the only way to get him retired).

[color:"red"] would be interested in some kind of exports from Thailand, if anybody is interested in helping on the follow-up, running around, sourcing samples, shipping, etc., I plan to have small office complete with internet and other related stuff that goes with it. This is more to have some kind of office to keep me busy and not just lazing the whole day in the hotel / apartment.

[/color]

That sounds pretty good and take care. :hug: :hug:

Jasmine

[color:"red"]At 62 I think you should go behind and get him fired [/color]

:DThat is funny :: I can see me now walking into the manager office and ask him that favor :) We work for the same manager, he probably throws me out ::

Vinod, common friend, let him work and let me play a "kept woman", I want to know what it feels like, ok? :neener:

Seriously, the obstacle I will have if I retire and go to Thailand, I will worry about him. The last time I visited Thailand, he lost 8 pounds even the dog got skinnier for his cooking is terrible.

Cheers! ::

Hi !

My last hobby before I left Minnesota to come here in early 2000 was home-brewing India Pale Ale. I sure do miss good "hoppy" ales here in Asia - all they make over here is lager beer.

My last hobby since moving here was breeding Betta Splendens - 'Plah Kahrt' - Siamese Fighting Fish (hence the Avatar). I still have about a dozen adults floating around (literally) - some of which are at my company office on Asoke. No time to breed fish anymore.

I also used to "work" (for free beer!) as a DJ at Rooster Bar Soi Zero (2000), and Thursday nights at The Living Room at Clinton Plaza (2001).

But - all I ever do for recreation any more is play pool. Usually at New Wave Soi 7, or Rooster Bar or Det 5 Sexy Night at Soi Zero.

I also work part-time as a corporate training facilitator for a company called Team Solutions Thailand.

I like work - I do many different things - at the same time - so I never tend to get in a fixed "rut".

But I do go to bed tired !!!!!!!!!

I probably spend too much time on this board!!!!!

Be alert. Bangkok needs more lerts.

Best regards,

StoneSoup

Archived