Landmark Hotel , once again

buffalo_bill

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, excellent price but you can stay almost next door at the Majestic Suites in a similar room for 1/2 the price. Landmark rooms are not big. It was guest friendly when I stayed there about 3 years ago.

For a splurge the Landmark has a really excellent breakfast buffet. I think it was about 400 B. They also have one of the best Chinese dim sum restaurants in Bangkok - go on Sunday.

I am surprised to hear that the Landmark is guest friendly as every other report and/or website seems to indicate that it is completely the opposite.

- Although a year ago I myself walked through the foyer and up to the lifts with a Patpong BG at midnight with only a long stare from the lobby staff. The BG seemed to think this was exceptional and probably due to the fact that she was conservatively dressed.

Can anyone confirm what the current policy is? crazy.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Wiseone:

I am surprised to hear that the Landmark is
guest friendly
as every other report and/or website seems to indicate that it is completely the opposite.

- Although a year ago I myself walked through the foyer and up to the lifts with a Patpong BG at midnight with only a long stare from the lobby staff. The BG seemed to think this was exceptional and probably due to the fact that she was conservatively dressed.

Can anyone confirm what the current policy is?
crazy.gif" border="0

Hi Wise one I was there in Sept last year and no problems, took two girls, just walked through the lobbies briskly, no problems

laugh.gif" border="0

Not to be a party pooper but the Landmark is becoming less and less guest friendy.

I have a consulting business in Thailand

and booked rooms over the years at the

Landmark at the last minute for clients

of mine, possibly 20 or 25 times in the

last 3 years. It's still a OK place if

you have been to Bangkok before and know

the way things work with hotels.. walk of

shame, stupid security guards etc. But for

the first time visitor I suggest the Grand

President, Omni or the JW. All much more

mellow. Just my opinion. jim

Wiseone, the policy is actually very simple. Enter a 4 (sometimes even a 3 star hotel) or higher rated and you have to pay up for your guest to stay for the night (make sure the lady has got her ID with her otherwise she is going home for the night). Therefore, if you intent to bring with you guest on a regular basis you better choose another hotel. There are more then enough around at Sukhumvit (also very nice one's).

Now, your next question will be how to find out if a hotel allows overnight guests without surcharge or not.

In fact this is hard to know. As a general rule: as more stars they have as more you have to pay for your guest. If the hotel is offered by a well known travel agency (by catalogue) it is almost certain that these hotels are "family friendly" and therefore not will allow guests with a surcharge. Now, how can you book a hotel which has no such regulations: Personally, when being on holidays in Thailand I do not make any bookings in advance. This gives me the oportunity to look around (of course I do have the advantage to know many hotels). When being on a business trip I book a nice hotel for two persons in advance (of course this is a luxery. But wothwhile, at least for me). As I am staying always at the same hotel nobody cares about when I take differnt girls "home" (ID regulation).

Speaking about the Landmark: yes 50 -60 USD are certainly a bargain. But there is at least one hotel (close to Soi Cowboy) offering the double sized rooms (Suites), one of the nicest swimminpools in town for 30USD the room per night. I am not going to tell the name, as I would like to provide avaiability also for the years ahead. Hope on your understanding but this is my holiday refugium.

Jim, I suppose you speak about the JW Marriot at soi 2? If I am correct, the JW was a real bargain about 3 years ago as it was very new at the time and they offered great rates in order to fill the hotel (this is the way it work always with new hotel's at BKK). Today, they more then doubled the rates and I am really not prepared to pay it as a tourist just because of the name (at least not in BKK).

Cheers

Archived