Landmark Hotel , once again

buffalo_bill

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vinod,

Yes that seems to be a fair price. It is also about the price we have to pay booking here from Europe even something lower I supose.

What I mean is: when I stayed at Marriot in 2000 the price for a double room incl. everything you mentioned was USD 54.00/room per night. This was a real bargain. And such bargains one can find in BKK every year. So why pay the average rates?

Cheers

Thanks for the replies about The Landmark Hotel's guest policy but I am still confused as to whether the hotel is guest friendly or whether it is pot-luck on the day.

Buffalo Bill and SpiritOTH (along with my own one off experience) seem to confirm that it is possible to get BGs to your room, Jim is a little more vague. Perhaps Jim can elaborate. Is it anything to do with the look or dress sense of the girl?

Sanuk Maps and other web-sites all mark the Landmark as unfriendly and I think Bkkfreak was probably talking about a more general Thai hotel policy.

I am staying at the Landmark for 3 nights this March (part of flight/accomodation deal with BA) and would love to hear that I can save money on short-time rooms/hotels.

Any other experiences of the Landmark's guest policyout there? crazy.gif" border="0

I have stayed at The Landmark in August, September, November and December. I have never had a problem bringing in a guest and I have never been charged a joiner fee. The lady only has to deposit her ID at the security desk at the elevator. When she departs they call your room before releasing it to her and ask if everything is okay. I have even requested that they do not take an ID from one of my regular visitors and allow her to come directly to the room anytime. The only requirement for this was for me to sign a waiver. I have used direct booking and a travel agent, so I doubt if who books has an effect on the joiner fee policy. I have only stayed on the executive floors so I don't know if that figures into the joiner fee policy.

Landmark $45.00 a night.

I can get the Landmark from $US45.00 per night for a 4 night stay, taxes included. Or if you stay 7 nights, you get a free upgrade to a Junior Suite. Must pre-pay though.

Contact me for details

Hall

This is through Qantas Holidays...and you don't have to buy airfare from them. You can even use Amex for extra points if you like

This is a good deal for Aussies, but a much better one for US/Europeans due to AUD exchange rates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have it on good authority that when you check-in to Landmark ask for a 'grey key'. If you are a frequent guest you can ask that your guest profile is updated to reflect this, so that when you next check-in you do not have to ask again.

Should you return with a companion for the night simply make visible your 'grey key' and there are no questions asked.

The hotel are aware of their location and have no wish to lose business.

[ March 02, 2002: Message edited by: Sybo ]

87.00 plus tax is 102.00 a night. A good deal for a suite, but I think I would stick with the Sheraton Grande suite inc tax and breakfast for 108.00. I have booked for 7 nights.arr 29 March. Can't wait!

Archived