Soi Cowboy raided last night

BrownFox77

Mongatu,

I was in Hollywood Disco on Ratchada about 6 months ago when the police closed the place down at Midnight and piss tested EVERYONE. They did a preliminary test on the spot and if you passed, you were allowed to leave. If you failed, you had to go to a hospital for more thorough testing. Thankfully, everyone in my party was clean. Wasn't a fun experience and I have avoided the Thai discos since. Haven't heard of them doing that at Nana Disco or any of the Farang oriented night spots, but you never know.

Ranger

OK, thanks for the eyewitness report on that. Good to know.

It is of concern to me because I sometimes take prescription medicine (tylenol/codeine) that I'm pretty sure would cause a false positive result on such tests. At least the secondary hospital test would probably clear that up in my situation.

Mongatu,

Appears others have answered well enough already for me. On the part about being stuck all night awaiting results, thankfully wasn't from personal experience but rather info from both posters here, articles in the Pattaya Mail, and conversations with folks in Pattaya who suffered thru it. I too take prescription meds and would fear a false positive. During this and my FEB trip I purposely avoided the major Discos just to avoid the potential hassle.

Archived