Anyone heard about the Lord extended DVD?

Brink15

I seem to remember other "Lord of the Rings" threads here so I know I'm not the only Tolkien freak in attendance.

I just purchased "The Two Towers" DVD set and in it there is a preview of an extended DVD to be released in November that has a lot more footage. Stuff that wasn't even meant for the cutting room floor but intended for this DVD. It seems they thought this stuff was too important to the telling of Tolkien's classic but too long for a theater.

The bits and pieces they showed in the preview have me chomping at the bit. Of course I'm also waiting with baited breath for the December opening of "Return of the King."

Amazing cinematography.

I thought the first movie was brilliant and now I'm as thoroughly hooked as some Star Wars fans become with that series. There have been several movies over the summer that I really wanted to see but could never make time for. "The Return of the King" will be one that I will probably see at least twice in theaters.

I spent the $20 for the regular version of "Twin Towers" but I'm still going to buy the extended set in November. It's supposed to have a huge amount of new scenes that help tie everything together.

Archived