Don Muang Airport taxis LOL!

Palatkik

Wonder if they?ll ever improve the public meter taxis at BKK airport for APEC as well as clamping down on naked T&A in nightlife?

When I showed up recently off an international flight they had the biggest selection of clapped out old jalopies I had seen in one stretch of Bangkok traffic. Each driver was pushing his car into position perhaps to save on fuel, limit pollution or perhaps enhance the impression that these cars were clapped out! Someone is making a small profit on this scam and leaving visitors with a good first impression!

If you have an old taxi, I suspect it will be hard to pick up rides in the city (since people will favour new cars). Working at Don Muang is at least a sure ride...Moreover, it's probably not a very popular spot to work at because of fees, waiting line & (most likely for the shitty-shitty cars) going empty while heading over there...

Ever been to Laos? Guess not :grinyes:

However, I don't think this really will matter to apec people. Not only will they pass on taxis, but also on airport limo's. They'll be in their own special cars with little flags on them, when they aren't going by helicopter or other chartered flights that is.

Says Escape Rabbit:

Ever been to Laos? Guess not
:grinyes:

However, I don't think this really will matter to apec people. Not only will they pass on taxis, but also on airport limo's. They'll be in their own special cars with little flags on them, when they aren't going by helicopter or other chartered flights that is.

Presidents and Ministers will pass the taxis for sure but the army of journalists will have to use them unless they all rent limousine service.

>Ever been to Laos? Guess not

Spent two years there 12 years back bouncing along some of the finest dirt roads you could wish for!

Don?t know what that has got to do with being fed crap taxis at Bangkok airport though when there are good ones around. Agree though that someone has to do the job and newer taxis would get better work in town.

I notice also they are repaving Sukmuvit side walks around near to Asoke junction. Cannot imagine many APEC visitors will be using them either, but appearances matter.

Cheers,

Archived