Thai Police

Ckrisg

I was lucky enough to have a conversation with a Thai police woman on Cha Am beach. In fact she worked in a village a few km north of Cha Am, but on saturdays/sundays she had some surveillance to do on Cha Am beach. She came to me to chat some english. I needed a car and driver to go to Kaeng Krachan Natiuonal park. She went away for 15 minutes and came back with a guy who showed up next day with a 4x4 from 7 am to 7 pm for 1000 baht. She was a nice deal...

Hi,

Ckrisg asked:

"I have never seen a Thai Policewoman. Do they exist or are they like baby pigeons, we know they exist but we never see one."

Yes, they are out there. Most of them work inside the police station though, I have never seen one 'on the beat'. I think most are more secretary than police officer.

Sanuk!

Most of the police women work in the office. Some of them work in a very remote areas as teachers in Boarder Police schools. Some are trained to be bodyguards for VIPs visiting Thailand, eg. President's wife, Prime Minister's wife, female dignitaries or their female family members.

quote:

I have seen them in Police Stations, usually doing important stuff like typing and making the tea.

Have to aggre with this I had to go the polic station once (lost my flight ticket) and there was a couple of very nice looking Thai police girls and all they seemed to do was follow the mens orders

At the corner of Walking St. and South Pattaya Rd. there's a police box.

Outsdide of that and patrolling Walking St. is a georgous Thai police woman that can put handcuffs on me anytime.

Archived