John Peel

Lusty

Never mind that, but one of the first "gigs" I ever had the pleasure of attending was the Undertones at Leeds University. And they were fucking brilliant. :up: Did all of the first album: Teenage Kicks and Get Over You ::. Boy, they were on fire. :bow: I was yards from the stage and that bassist Mickey Bradley had the worst yellow-tipped-volcano acne :o I've ever had the priviledge to see :doah:.

jacj :help:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Peel could have been one of the best DJ's ever to grace the radio in the UK,but he still falls behind.....

Jimmy Young.

Jimmy Saville.

Tony Blackburn.

DLT.

Noel Edmonds.

Kid Jenson.

Simon Mayo.

Sara Cox.

and the greatest of them all?.....Richard Bacon... :doah:

but i loved 'Whispering Bob' on OGWT,best TV rockshow ever.

Palatik,

methinks I can weave a couple of threads together here... you are, naturally, aware of the Fall song 'Fiery Jack'? Scary innit?

There does not exist any photograph of OUR Fiery Jack together with Mark E Smith. Strange huh? I think we should be told.

nanaplaza.com - only here could you find Fall fans amongst everything else. Weird world...

Says rusty:

This post will only be of consequence to UK posters.

I'm a great fan of John Peel
:bow:
who has been doing the late evening slot on BBC Radio 1 for years ::.

Sorry to destroy your idea of British uniqueness, :cover: but John Peels radio show was for some years the most important radio show for me and my friends.

BFBS Germany played his show every week and in his show I heard bands like XTC, Flying Lizards (I think they did their first recording in a garage and sent the tape to him) or Human League the first time.

Archived