Unlimited GPRS promotion from DTAC?

steffi

Hi,

Our servers are in the US, not in Thailand. As for speed (or rather lack thereof), we are aware of this and Jigger is doing his best to cope. Truth is that even 2 servers can still hardly cope. The one running the database (and nothing else!) is running at 95-98% capacity 24-7.

Some changes are under way and additional hardware is very high on the wishlist.

Sanuk!

Some changes are under way and additional hardware is very high on the wishlist.

What will you be looking for.

Wish list please :grinyes:

I attend a lot of gov't and bankrupcy auctions and there is often pallets of computers (someone work out how we can get them to LOS for the schools) and also some newer high end stuff. Infortunately once I get past to SOHO stuff, I'm in unfamiliar territory, but there must be some great bargains, if I knew what I was looking for. :banghead:

> Mobile users need it, business people, who wanna trade stocks in

> starbucks, ppl that dont always have access to fixed phone line,

> people that want prestige..etc..

Personally I just want to read e-mails and MSN-chat while taking a bath. GPRS is fine for that. It seems indeed a tad slower than a GOOD dial up connection. I would not pay 1000 baht for it though, unlimited or not. Right now I just use it to kill time when on a bus or waiting somewhere or for having something to do when sitting in a bar when nobody wants to talk to me. ;-)

This just means I have to get a DPrompt prepaid card a bit more frequently. The overal cost I spend on GPRS internet is maybe 100-200 baht per month.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Hi KS,

Our servers are in the US, not in Thailand

Ooops. Didn`t realize that.

I didn`t mean this as critisism I was merely stating a fact.

If it would have bothered me I guess I wouldn`t have been around here for a couple of years.

Some websites are just worth waiting for :)

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived