Milk - TOO MUCH MILK IS BAD!!!!

Nervous_Dog

[color:"blue"]I don't know but maybe the Thais do the same with Thai patients? I?ve never seen the doctors or dentists attempt to critique my wife but then maybe she?s perfect (cough, cough [/color]

Perhaps so. :grinyes:

But IME, Thai dentists that I have encountered often just do whatever the patient requests and then move on to the next one. My GF had several dental problems that she only went to have looked at when they caused a problem. Not of the dentists she saw suggested any proventative treament until I dragged her to one recommended on this board. She said after that the others had never said anything to her.

Don't really know, mine stay in a cup at night. :grinyes:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think with the Thais being so sensitive about offending someone, especially a paying customer, dentists are hesitant to be critical and point out problems that are controllable with proper dental care, brushing/flossing (this isn?t a criticism of Thai dentists.)

I understand what you're saying, but I can assure you that the problem lies in the patients' hands and not in the dentists'. (at least not according to my wife, her uni. friends, colleagues, her mom..)

A dentist must point out problems and give tips / advice regarding oral hygiene, also the Thais. The problem is that the Thais (most of them) won't think twice about visiting a dentist unless there's an ache or pain felt inside the mouth.

This automatically results in 'bigger' and 'more expensive' problems.

Unlike the West where most people 'must' go at least twice a year for a check-up and therefore most problems can/will be minimized.

I agree that many problems can be avoided with proper dental care, but...especially in the poorer villages it's not a common thing to brush more than once a day, or brush at all at that. They either don't know, don't care, don't have money for the brushes, paste etc...

It's a sad thing to refuse patients with serious dental problems due to their own poor financial status. Very sad.

Let's hope that'll change in the very near future.

Archived