Any suggestions re what to bring TGF from US?

mongatu

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not bullshit. A perfume is a "go away" symbol. If she cares about you, she'll give you 5 baht (symbolic) to make sure you did not buy it for her, that she bought it herself, you just carried it.

[color:"orange"] Never in my experiences. But hey, it is a country with many regional differences. [/color]

>A name brand watch. They know a rip-off.

Always good. With metal band.

[color:"orange"]Funny. That is what I thought. The watch my GF pointed out had a narrow leather band. Tottaly unlike her style! [/color]

>Good whiskey. Even if she doesn't drink, her friends or family does.

All the Glenfiedich stayed with me. What they know is "Spey Royal". No appreciation for a good drop.

[color:"orange"] Once again, the entire family and friends in their circle know good booze all too well.The one exception is scotch. They like to drink it but don't know a good from a poor pour. Wine? Forget about it![/color]

[color:"orange"] So, oh-for 3 on agreeing on these experiences, TTM. I will continue to gather data! trip after trip after trip.[/color]

Thai girls are not Indians from 2 centuries ago who'll be happy with glass pearls.
Didn't think that they were. Just am not at the point in my present relationship where something expensive would be appropriate. It might send a message I am not quite ready to send yet. I was just looking for a token kind of gift and wondering if there are any readily available inexpensive items here that would be hard to get and thus perhaps especially appreciated there.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.

Archived