Any suggestions re what to bring TGF from US?

mongatu

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the hit parade from my GF.

A good sun block they will use as lotion: Banana Boat Faces Plus. She finds no others acceptable, even MUCH higher priced ones.

Nice pens. Why they like them I don't know, but I get so many requests for them I've lost count.

A warm coat. If you can find one made in America. Hard to find but can do. They LOVE warm jackets. Yeah I know......

NAme brand perfumes. Forget ALL that bullshit about that being an insult. Maybe at one time, but not now. They know the brands, so don't go generic, but no need for top of the line either.

A name brand watch. They know a rip-off.

Good whiskey. Even if she doesn't drink, her friends or family does.

Thanks RE and OH for those great suggestions, most of which would never have occurred to me.

I don't know about the perfume though. I really like the way she smells au natural.

Btw, OH, if you are in SF, you should attend the SF contingents get together this Sun eve. See the meetings section for details.

Some of it depends how well you know her and whether or not the gift is for public viewing. No, I'm not talking naughty underwear.

RE and OH got the main ones. Mine really appreciates anything from the good cosmetics line. She has very oily hair and it's difficult and expensive in LOS to get name brand good shampoos. (Not Pert, guys) Or vitamins. A gift basket from a good drug store cosmetics counter will put her in awe of all her friends and family.

If it's from the heart, she'll know. And you will appreciate it later. :grinyes:

Says LaoHuLi:

Mine really appreciates anything from the good cosmetics line.

Totally agree! But you have to know her colors. Per my GFs instructions, stay away from the big-bag-o-assorted make-up. Get a few quality eyeliners, lipstick, etc. Just get some not dark complimentary colors. She will love that. If you know her colors, it would be #1 on my list.

Yes, as I said you have really know her. A few 100 hours shopping in high end Bkk stores and a few 1000 baht buying her something she says is ' peng mak. mai ow' but you know she really loves, makes you qualified. Buy her something she wouldn't treat herself to.......can't do better than that. :grinyes:

PS if you have good quality photo, head shot, natural light, any serious cosmetics counter will find you what you need. I always try to pick an Asian saleslady to help me. :rolleyes:

About two years ago I brought a watch for a GF gift. Also brought watches for the children. Put them in the checked baggage.

When I gavce them out, and they opened the box, they were EMPTY! Luggage rip-off. A bunch of sad faces. We went to night market that night and the kids picked out watches they wanted.

Gf said she did not like watches and did not care that hers was stolen. Not a good present for her. OK.

Two months ago, in a mall here in USA, she looks at watches and points out a style that she wants for her birthday. I mentioned her previous comments. She told me she said that only so I would not feel bad about her present being stolen.

So typical Thai. :hug:

Archived