Who will win the 2003 RUGBY WORLD CUP ?

gobbledonk

Says artiew:

To those tired and *hungover* Brits who will soon make their way to the airport for the long flight home, thanks for making World Cup 2003 a truly memorable event. See you in 2007 !

And what a well behaved bunch there were also. they are welcome back anytime. Word is the brit tourists spent $28 mil during their stay here. I hope not too many of them got sun burnt.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<No, TB - we were beaten by a better pack of forwards. Phil, pull your head in, mate>>

Phil--me? wtf did I do/say????? --truth is I have no interest in rugby whatsoever so please forgive my annoying remarks :o--its just a bit less tedious than cricket!

A great game and a great result, of course.

To another JW :bow: :bow: :bow:

For the last year or so I have been listening to Aussies telling me that England cant win in Sydney in November because of the conditions. To you, som nam na.

I thought the Wallabies did a fantastic job to fight back in the second half without letting England score a point, they looked beat at half time and England had been so strong before in the latter part of the game. The ironic thing was they did it by playing the "boring" rugby England had been accused of. Effective though. The pressure on Elton Flatley to get the penalty on the stroke at full time, it wasn't a particularly difficult kick, but if he had missed it he would have had to carry that for the rest of his career.

Englands forwards did stirling work and their defence in the second half was magnificent. Matt dawson and Mike Tindall had the game of their lives.

No the Aussies were not robbed, they put in a magnificent display but just couldn't match England at the death. As Eddie Jones said England are the best side in the world by one minute. While you couldn't script such a piece of sporting theatre there was a glorious inevitability about the last minute drop goal.

Oh so sweet. ::

Archived