Update on drinks prices NEP

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you. The NEP price increases may be easy enough for many to rationalize away, but for say US visitors - these increases are significant when combined with the devaluation of the dollar.

And it?s not just drink prices. Add to this the highest barfines of the three major nightlife areas coupled with increasingly average looking girls asking ridiculous prices (no extra charge for bad attitude) and, well? where did the fun go? Me, I?ll just vote with my feet.

Yes, the negatives are starting to add up. Both NEP and LOS are looking less attractive to many fun seekers.

ST

Thanks for the update on some of the other prices Palatik I only had time for two bars and that's why I named them. They are I believe both Crown group and traditionally the highest priced bars. I just couldn't believe that the prices had crept up and I wasn't aware of it.

Incidentally, I thought Playskool was closed for so long for refurbishment, but it is exactly the same inside, not even the girls had been refurbished......only had one drink and went back home to the GF. I presume it was closed for showing?

Will probably get out to some of the other bars during the next ten days and will report back on my findings. Supposed to be working this trip so nightlife is limited.

Subway is open inside Coffee World, Sukhumvit now.

Uniformguy

So do people still think that Phuket is expensive?? Yes there are some venues with B100+ for a beer, but its easy to find cheaper.

I havn't been up to Bangkok for about 3 years, think I might wait abit longer.

You are right, and I noticed it at G-Spot when I was handed a bill of 250 Baht for two measly beers. I am not going to argue about what the "right" price is - let the market decide that - but I will say that it was a shock to get a bill for that much after two beers.

A psychological barrier was hit for me, but I honestly don't know about tourists and casual visitors. Do they really notice?

With more Thai information available now on the internet and Thai devotees therefore now having direct access to such information, the price hike information will become available to more Thai visitors than it had in the past and this will presumably affect the behavior of at least some consumers. I don't doubt that for a nanosecond. But is it enough to make a difference? I honestly don't know.

I do know that it will affect my choices, at least in the short run.

Archived