Moving to Thailand in November!!!????!!!????***

All,

I thank you for all the feedback on this post. I definitely got the ying and yang feel about moving to Thailand, very extreme differences of opinion.

I will be over there in a month, for how long I stay, I do not know. I guess I will have to see which way things go for me.

You will see me again on this message board, I feel I need to do much research as to how to make it there, and i will probably have some more specific questions later.

I already plan to meet one person that i have corresponded with through this group, if there are any others that are in SF and would like to grab a beer and chit chat about Thailand, I would be more than happy, just send me a message.

Matt

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"]Just landed a new IT job in SF---6 figures for what amounts to part time work--3 days a week. Bull crap about the economy--plenty of high paying work out here. Cathead [/color]

Good for you, however, not all people are so lucky even though some of us still are in the market. So be kind to the less fortunate ones. Things can always change.

Jasmine

Enjoy your vacation. You will most likely be joining the few 100 of thousands that donate to the Isarn charity relieve fund for several years to come. When you get a plan with some legs you may even get to partake in the real wonders of Thailand. Being poor anywhere is not life long ambition of most so plan on doing what most of us have to work at home and save for better days in the tropics.

a trip to the boarder each month will cost you around $80 I think for a new visa. Be prepared for a time of your life you will be a changed man but I would not advise falling off the world will be your answer for long.

Best Of Luck

The first thing you need to do is get out of SF. You should then move to a cheaper part of The US. I make 50grand a year and thats damm near poverty level in SF. Like the other guys are saying if you have never been to a foreign country you are in for a shock. I don't know your cash flow situation but if you can swing it go for it.

Have a lot of fun and hope it all works out well. If you have a chance take a side trip to Nepal and Cambodia. These were very interesting to me. Good Luck ::

I say good luck to you.You get the yin and yang experiences on the board because that is what happens everyday in Thai or anywhere.And if you have never been here before.(in Bangna kilo 2 at the moment.) Thai (bkk)tends to,for first time visitors. Make those ups and downs into huge highs and lowly lows.Believe me ,if you have never been here before .Your life is about to change in a way that you could never concieve.So keep your head on your shoulders ,money in your pocket .But most of all enjoy.Thais are slaves to their bodies,dont be a slave to their bodies.

cheers and good luck sky brow. ::

Archived