Crickets, Scorpions and other assorted food

limbo

Who has eaten this and how did you like it?

I've been known to eat a few takateans (crickets) and liked them at some point a lot.

Unfortunately they don't seem to be too healthy due to the chemicals sprayed on them. ::

Scorpions were on my menu as well, but rather nondescript in taste.

What I liked a lot were the small bugs, soft ones, they're really good and very nutricious.

It all started as jokes with some BG's but after that I bought some for and on my own. Now it's faded since the wife doesn't like it at all.

Curious to hear your view on this.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've been hanging out with your avatar TOOOOO LOONG.

That ain't "food"..........its BUGS ! :banghead: :banghead:

Fortunately my gf, despite her Issan rearing, won't touch them ............ thank goodness.

I've eaten a few of these things during drunken parties, but can't say I ever 'liked' any ........... just non-descript crunchies. :dunno:

And no, I don't want your favourite recipies. :cover:

(where's the walking away, shaking head graemlin ?)

PS........if you want any of these at the AGM........bring your own and eat them quietly in some corner...........people will be trying to eat REAL food. :neener:

Sorry Phil and LHL,

hate to say this, but you guys are NO use to this thread. :doah::neener:

Am actually trying to make it in dec LHL, a bit too early to confirm tho. Don't be worried tho, I don't think I'll bring in my own supply of crickets, can get them all over Suk, so y bother.

if you are on diet, you should eat such stuff! it's low carb and low calories.

i like fried crickets and aunt eggs, but there are some other stuff that tastes really awful

have once offered fried crickets to a drunken female tourist in a bar, she ate that stuff and started to vomit immediately. got a lot of blames form her friends, but the BG's had their fun. i said to the friends, it must have been the 8. beer chang as crickets are very healthy!

I ate scorpions in China. Not the giant-sized variety you see at the stands in Bangkok. These were rather smaller. Tasty little guys, I must admit. Crispy.

Archived