Crickets, Scorpions and other assorted food

limbo

[color:"red"] That ain't "food"..........its BUGS !

[/color]

Amen. :bow:

However, if any of you guys are in my neck of the woods and feel the cravings, I have at least 2 dozens of crickets in my garage and also ripe, big spiders for the pickings.

On second thought, let me keep the spiders until the Holloween is passed, they are doing good making spiderwebs in front of my house but ones can take the crickets any time.

::

Cheers!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] Some of the things you see in the markets in the villages up country just make me a bit squirmish to look at let alone touch/eat

[/color]

Hubby wouldn't even get close to them in the market. I normally like to look because I didn't see any of those in markets when I was growing up. I have got to be very hungry to eat them though, so many lives for a meal. ::

Jasmine

I'll admit to taking a liking to the locusts. When crispy, they have a similar taste to potato chips; and, they go well with a brew or two. I'm also fond on the spicy ant egg salad.

... ? nutricious ... absolutely - mostly protein.

One of my favorite dishes is the live shrimp, spicy salad

... get 'em before they escape! ... although they aren't

insects.

A while back a really large insect with horns flew onto my balconey ... I stepped inside because I thought this critter was going to take a bite out of me!

Yep,

I've eaten them all on a few occassions. You know when you've had FAR too much to drink and you go through the stages of drunkeness? Sober (0 drinks), happy, tipsy etc etc.

Somewhere between the "I'm a good dancer" stage, and "Vomiting profusely" is the "I can eat or drink anything" stage. That's when I've been known to eat bugs. Yep, I know it was stupid so I vowed never to do it again. The next night.... did it again, and again. When reminded of this in a sober state (must have been early), I decided I could eat them again. Why I tried this I'll never know but they didn't taste as good.

Seriously, I didn't find some of them all that bad, although they were very salty. All I could taste was either salt or MSG or something like that. Others were disgusting, although ask me again when I'm drunk and I'm sure I'll have a different opinion.

I think if you deep fry it and add enough salt and/or chilies you can eat anything that was originally organic...especially when drunk.

I mean Frenchmen love escargot (snails) which proves people will eat rubber door stoppers if you put enough garlic butter on them :grinyes: (that should get 'you know who' in here :neener:)

:beer:

Says jp1:

If the 'rubber door stoppers' are done the right way they're really delicious. How 'bout frog legs. They're tasty and eaten not only by the French but in China as well.
:neener:

Hey that was French Bait :neener:

Had frogs jumping all over my kichens in China :cussing::banghead: Cooks thought it was great sport. :onfire: And teasing all the galley girls :doah:

In LOS they raise them more for the skins than the meat .... apparently good $$. :dunno:

Archived