Friday Meetings

khunsanuk

I did introduce myself and only one other introduced himself... Apart from that I was pretty much ignored.

One reason could be that the others (who you say 'ignored' you) had their mind on their conversation as there are often people leaving and joining the table.

It'd be a bit silly to stop the conversation everytime a 'new' face appears, don't you think?

I suggest you simply take an empty seat, order something to drink, and you either join in or wait till the conversation bleeds to death before introducing yourself.

I honestly fail to see the problem here.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One reason people aren't so open to you is that your hearing is selective and your logic is unsound. I've seen this over a LONG period and with other groups.

"I find this slightly hypocritic as activities [nightlife] such as the aforementiond are in fact a very significant part of the board. "

The Friday meet is welcome to everybody. The fact, as PREVIOUSLY stated, is that expats usually make up the MAJORITY of the folks at the meetings. These guys are, by definition, not on a holiday here trying to screw as many whatevers as they can in a week. They have a life here with gf/wives/and pals. How is this hypocritical? Want to talk about the orgy you had with a midget and the amputee the night before, wait till the group your in goes to the bars. That's what everyone else does (well, most, heh).

There's a hell of a lot more on this board than sex.

"If the wives g/fs are so sensitive persons it might be a good idea for their husbands/b/fs to consider not to bring them. I know I would never bring mine there." I think this is rude and obnoxious. You are saying that although we LIVE here, we should cater to you and leave SO's out.

I think if people are so sensitive to a lukewarm reception given minimal effort they should probably pass (like you're going to do) on the Friday meets.

It takes two to have a conversation and I don't see that very much in your past actions or your posts.

<<burp>>

Hi Alholk,

the meetings in Gullivers are not arranged by the board, even if board members are present. So if you or somebody else want special treatment try to make some arrangements in advance or make a post here.

elef

Archived