visiting for 35-40 days

I will be visiting Bangkok for about 35-40 days starting in mid-December. I understand that my visa will expire after 30 days, and that I have to leave the country and come back???

Is there any way around this? I don't want to have to leave the country when I will only be a few days over the Visa period.

bgr

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on the nationality of the passport holder, but a 30 day on arrival visa can be extended 10 days for 1900B at any Thai immigration office

1900?! Last time I did this, in March I think, it was 500B. Are you sure about this?

But if people instead are turned away by the high price and go home without extending, the plan will have backfired in a major way; not only do they not get the customary 500 baht they used to, but the country also loses all spending that would have happened during the extended stay. If my last trip to the immigration counter was any indicator, it has backfired in a big way... Remains to be seen; could be people are just avoiding LOS around now too.

Hmmmm.... 200B a day for overstay. If I were only staying 31-39 days it would not be worth my while to extend the visa. I'd just be wasting time and money. (of course there is the very unlikely possibility I'd get caught by police with expired visa.) I can't see why most people would bother.

Unless the 200B a day fine has been upped too?

I'm going to have to read up on changes to visa policy...

Says worldwalker:

Hmmmm.... 200B a day for overstay. If I were only staying 31-39 days it would not be worth my while to extend the visa. I'd just be wasting time and money. (of course there is the very unlikely possibility I'd get caught by police with expired visa.) I can't see why most people would bother.

Unless the 200B a day fine has been upped too?

I'm going to have to read up on changes to visa policy...

Nope day fine is still the same, but getting caught on expired visa now is definate jail time until massive bail can be arranged..........good possibility of blacklisting .......not worth the chance in my books........never.

Says bgr:

I will be visiting Bangkok for about 35-40 days starting in mid-December. I understand that my visa will expire after 30 days, and that I have to leave the country and come back???

You may also have a problem when you check-in for your flight to Thailand if your outbound flight is not within 30 days or if you are traveling on a one-way ticket. Some airlines can be sticklers regarding this regulation. Having *any* valid Thai visa in your passport alleviates any of these problems.

Archived