Best deal on airfare from Boston to BKK ?

Just out of curiosity, since I know there are quite a few forum members from New England, has anyone been researching airfares for the 'best deal' (lowest price in my case!) for either, one-way, or R/T from Logan in Boston to Bangkok.

I used to fly Korean Air; and, although I'm a member of 'The Morning Calm' program (Skypass), I've come to realise that there are cheaper fares out there. Korean Air, I'll assume due to heavy booking, is definitely too expensive. IMHO, they do not take good care of loyal customers! :censored: Last year, I got a one-year, R/T ticket from Korean Air for about $1050.00. Yesterday, they quoted me a price around $3800. for the same thing!

:cussing: :onfire: :banghead::down:

I was on the phone late yesterday afternoon with a consolidater from New York ... China Airlines is offering the lowest rate, or so it seems. BTW, I'm looking at a departure date between Oct. 29 and Nov. 3 ... I understand that the best rates (on certain carriers, if not most/all) are for traveling not on the weekend. Any 'inside' info would be greatly appreciated.

It's snowing here in Bean Towne this morning, and, like one hockey player (used to be my sport of choice) said to another: "I want to get the puck out of here." :grinyes:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did a quick search on Northwest's website (the airline I usually fly) using 29/10 as the outbound date from Logan and 24/11 as the return date from Bangkok. The system quoted me a fare of $934.40.

Sunday newspaper travel section,,,,,normally has very good rates

at least here in LA area ,

the airline websites will give you crazy prices if you book late,

7 days is miniumum most of the times for the airline websites

I just booked (2 weeks ago) 4 days in advance LAX - Frankfurt with no problems ($680RT direct)

from the LA Times travel section

Hello Pete,

Dates of travel is everything... I am just about to book BOS/BKK for mid NOV to mid JAN, two months... I am looking at airfares between $750 for United, up to $906.40 from Northwest.

What Dates are you looking at, maybe I can help you ?

sporty

Says New Petchburi Pete:

BTW, I'm looking at a departure date between Oct. 29 and Nov. 3 ... I understand that the best rates (on certain carriers, if not most/all) are for traveling not on the weekend. Any 'inside' info would be greatly appreciated.

Felt like snow today in Virginia.

Unfortunately, you are in the deadly "fewer than 14 days window" now. Can you postpone? UAL is offering $700-800 USD, but it goes waaay up in the 2 week window.. They have a special deal, too: register for $100 and get double status miles. That makes one RT worth about 43,000 miles! Almost Premier Exec status, with it's attendent privileges.

Flying M-Th usually saves me ~$50 out of DC.

Hope this helps.

Says Khun_Kong:

They have a special deal, too: register for $100 and get double status miles. That makes one RT worth about 43,000 miles! Almost Premier Exec status, with it's attendent privileges.

The deal is for Premier members only. You have to already h

ave status to take advantage of it.

Today I booked a one-way ticket from Boston to Bangkok, on American/Cathay Pacific via San Francisco and Hong Kong. I paid $586.00, which included all taxes. :) Additionally, there was a $15.00 charge for express delivery of the ticket(s).

I could have saved $20.00 had I flown Delta/Eva ... but, I didn't want a lengthy layover at LAX, etc.

China Airline's rate was competitive. I chose American/Cathay Pacific due to the convenience of the departure time, plus, I'll arrive in Bangkok at 10:50 am :up: ... this is a welcomed change from the Korean Air route, which arrives around 12:30 am.

There was no surcharge for departing on a saturday. Also, electing to procure the ticket less than 14 days in advance, did not result in a higher fare.

Also, I'll get to enjoy Halloween in my home town ... wait until the neighborhood kids see the mask I found! :clown:

Yeah, it's quite chilly here now, with a decent warmup expected for the weekend. New England & Boston certainly are beautiful at this time of year. BTW, my wife tells me it's now 'cold' in Bangkok, and downright 'freezing' up in Isaan ! Can anyone confirm this ? :grinyes:

I don't think she would last too long over here once Winter sets in ... but I'm really looking forward to the 'cool' season in LOS!

I utilized Tulips Travel (Marianne's a consolidator) in NYC ...yeah, home of those damn Yankee's ! :cover:

Gotta go, the doorbell is ringing ... Pepe must have arrived to deliver one of my favorite varities of pizza (real, mouth-watering pizza!) ... garlic pizza bianca with black olives, jalapenos, pepperoni, red and green sweet peppers and onion ... Pepe's 'da man! :beer:

I'll check into Gulliver's probably after Loy Krathong. ... we're thinking about going to Hua Hin (or Chaing Mai) for the festival ... or maybe Jomtien, as we're considering East Pattaya as a potential area to purchase a home. Actually, we want to explore our options in all three locales; but, this will take some time.

Wow!!, where'd you find that fare. I'm also out of Boston(That early snow did make my impending trip seem sweeter) and did a lot of searching, both on the 'net and local travel agencies. The best econ. fare I could find was $720.00. I want to stay at least three months, so that eliminated a lot of the 30 day specials.

I'm leaving 11/9 on EVA; delux economy for $950.00 which I purchased thru Ideal Travel on Boylston St.

Eva code shares with Continental, but you can't book it on their website from Bos., only from Newark.

I like the noontime arrival in BKK, however on the return, you arrive at Newark too late for a connecting flight to Bos, so they put you up in an airport hotel, then send you on the first Continental flight in the AM.

Maybe we need to set up a Boston contingent to give those Londoners some competition.

dj

Archived