Best deal on airfare from Boston to BKK ?

Sporty,

? South Shore ... I lived on Cape Cod for fifteen years! Have you tried Mama Mia's pizza (they have 3 locations). There's one in Kingston at Exit 9 from Rt 3 ... pretty good pizza if the brothers aren't arguing! :grinyes:

BTW, Carmella's (close to Mama Mia's ... run by Johhny, the son ... when he's not in Vegas or at Foxwoods) is superb ... try the home-made ravioli stuffed with lobster! But, then everything they make is very good! :up:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Khun_Kong:

Oops.

Thanks for the correction, JJ

I have to correct myself and state you were initially correct. The first MP rep I spoke with said the offer was for elite members only(they released the promo info on the 1K website 2 weeks prior to the general public announcement).

I called again and was told that the offer is for general members too. You have to enroll in the MP program prior to your flight and be at least a general member. The 2x EQM offer is eligible for all flights between Oct 15-Dec 15 You can even register for the promo the last day and get all flights credited during the promo. The key is to become a MP member prior to any trips you make.

Pete,

Yes, Mama Mia's makes a very good pie, have enjoyed many of them. The location at Exit 9 is gone however, and they have open a replacement store in Marshfield, not as good unfortuately. Hard for a Italian boy to say, but the best pizza in this area, is now an Irish owned place called Doyles, in Duxbury.

This is the best source for tickets, I know.

http://www.thaifly.com

Sporty

PETE AND EVERYONE THANKS FOR THE INFO. I WAS ABLE TO CONTACT TULIPS VIA THEIR WEBSITE. I GOT A PRICE OF $1330 OF WHICH ALSO GOT ME TO A SMALLER CITY IN SOUTHERN CHINA THAT I WANT TO VISIT. THEIR REPLY WAS FROM TONY. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE TO LEAVE NY ON THE 24TH INSTEAD OF THE 19TH THAT I HAD WANTED TO. I WILL TRY TO CALL MARIANNE OR TONY AND SEE IF SOMETHING CAN GET CHANGED AROUND TO GIVE ME MORE TIME OVER THERE. THANKS PETE FOR LETTING ME MENTION YOUR NAME. I WILL ALSO SEE IF I CAN GET A QUOTE FROM DDDAVE'S RECOMENDATION IDEAL TRAVEL. I HAVE HEARD THAT SOME OF THE TRAVEL AGENCIES IN CHINA TOWN (NY&BOS) HAVE ACCESS TO SOME CHEAPER TICKETS. I THINK YOUR INFO WILL HELP ME TO MAYBE HOOK UP WITH THEM. THANKS AGAIN. 3 WEEK IN THAILAND IS NOT ENOUGH!! LET ALONE CHINA AND THAILAND...HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT TRIP. :D

R. U. positive that the Mama Mia' s off exit 9 - head East off exit - (just before the Sunoco gas station) is gone? A couple of weeks back I had an excellent veal cutlet sub there.

They actually have three. Their phone is still connected for the Kingston restaurant. I know the owner ... just tried to call him ... phone rang, but no answer - however, they aren't ususally in there this early - 6:25am! ... not too early for me to have a slice! :grinyes:

1 - Kingston: at 134 Main St. (781) 585-9847

2 - Marshfield: at 728 Main Street (781) 747-4670

3 - Plymouth: - waterfront at (508) - 834-3050.

I'll try to contact the owner around 11:00 ... there were two brothers ... if one has closed, I'd be concerned about what happened, as they do a landslide business, especially with the luncheon specials, 12-3 pm.

dandan,

With Tulips Travel, definitely call the toll free number:

(800) -882 - 3383 ... definitely ask for Marianne. Not to knock Tony/William; but, Marianne is more thorough (exploring options, etc.). Tell me more about your route & carrier.

When you say you're going to a "smaller city" in China, I'm sure that jacked up the price. Where is your destination in China? ... if possible, skip China & head right to Bangkok, unless it's for business/adventure/whatever !

BTW, get Marianne on the phone ... I don't think it's too late, even if you provided the last 4 digits of your credit card via e-mail 'authorization' as Tulips requests. Call the number dddave is recommending: if it's cheaper, cancel the transaction. ... even if you have to cut Tulips off with your credit card! My allegiance is to this 'board' !!!

Also, as even the airlines themselves will tell you, prices are higher during the Holiday season: say a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving until well after New Year's.

Thanks dddave: :up: a friend from Jamaica Plain used to get his tickets in China Town in Boston ... however, he could not recall the name of the place or their phone number. Once, I tried to locate the place myself in Chian Town; but, got 'distracted.' :grinyes:

In fact, I'll call there myself today to inquire about prices for a friend from NH who wants to come over in mid November ... yeah, I'm saving him a toll call! Also, I'd like to ensure that we're recommending the outlet with the lowest price(s). ... not that one transaction alone is a definite indicator. As with any purchase, I believe it's best to shop around.

Pete

Ideal Travel is at 581 Boylston St. in Copley Sq., across from the park. It is on the 5th floor of the bldg.

BTW, when your next pastrami, brisket or corned beef craving hits, and you are anywhere around Newton, Provisors, on Commonwealth Ave just east of Centre St is a throwback to the old days of the family run deli.

dj

Pete , THE OPTION I WAS GIVEN IS AS FOLLOWS: 1-NYC TO H.KONG 2-TO NANNING(CITY IN SOUTHERN CHINA ..IN PROVINCE OF GUANXI) 3-H.KONG 4-BANGKOK 4-NYC. LEGS 1,3,4 ARE WITH CATHY PACIFIC AND THE NANNING/H.KONG LEG IS WITH SOUTHERN CHINA. MY AM LEAVING 1-NYC-24 DEC, I WILL LEAVE NANNING ON 9 JAN ARRIVE BANGKOK THE SAME DAY, AND LEAVE BANGKOK ON 19 JAN BACK TO NYC. I AM MEETING SOME FRIENDS IN CHINA SO I MUST GO THERE. THAILAND IS A " :oMUST :o" SIDE TRIP. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO TRAVEL TO THAILAND TWICE THIS YEAR...MY FIRST TIMES THERE. SO MANY THING TO DO THERE AND SO LITTLE TIME TO DO IT!! I AM TRAVELING THRU H.KONG/GUANGZHOU AREA BECAUSE THEY ARE LIKE A PORTAL CITY(I BELIEVE). I HAVE A MIDTERM TEST TODAY TODAY AND DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO CALL ABOUT THE TICKETS( IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS NO TIME FOR AN "OLDER" GUY THESE DAYS). I HAVE NOT GIVEN MY VISA CARD NUMBER YET. I WILL CALL TOMMORROW AND SPEAK TO MARIANNE AND ALSO SEE IF I CAN CALL IDEAL TRAVEL FOR A PRICE QUOTE. I COULD NOT FIND A WEBSITE FOR IDEAL TRAVEL. THANKS AGAIN GUYS FOR THE ADVICE. DAN

Archived