Best deal on airfare from Boston to BKK ?

I don't think his deal is so great because it is only for a one way ticket.

I think to consistently get the best fares, you have to keep checking on an almost daily basis in the period about 90 to 60 days before you want to go. Usually during that window, there will be some seats offered at really low prices, but they usually get snapped up fast, that's why you have to jump on them when they appear.

In late August, I was able to book a round trip sfo-bkk, on United economy (plus), departure Oct. 28 :beer:, return Nov. 27, for $583 all taxes and fees included. Just a couple of days later, the cheapest seats available on United were back up near or above $700.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete,

You wrote:

"Yeah, it's quite chilly here now, with a decent warmup expected for the weekend. New England & Boston certainly are beautiful at this time of year. BTW, my wife tells me it's now 'cold' in Bangkok, and downright 'freezing' up in Isaan ! Can anyone confirm this ?"

Jesus, am I glad I missed the snow! I can confirm that it is cool at night here in Surin (arrived this past Thursday morning). But not cold exactly. Actually very nice weather for a Boston boy! Especially now you've told me it snowed! (I left Boston Tuesday morning.) I had a feeling watching the crazy squirrells and chipmuks the past couple of months in the yard that it would be an early winter in Beantown this year. Daytime temps still quite warm, near 90, here in Surin. Next month it cools down considerably, at night anyway. But upon arrival Wednesday night Bangkok was still VERY warm, even at 11 o'clock at night. No need to pack the thermal underwear Pete. :-)

BTW, good deal you got yourself on your fare. I got a RT ticket on United for 750 USD. Six month ticket, can change return date anytime during the six months for a hundred extra fee for change. Good deal as I'm not certain when I'll be leaving, maybe mid January, but if things fall apart with my plans in January I could stay here a couple months longer.

Have a good trip over Pete.

Cent

p.s. I also brought over a scary mask, full head mask with hair and all. Had to get the thing. Looked just like one of those ghosts/vampires the Thais are always watching on TV. Pii b/pread? Something like that. Scared the crap out of a few people with it here, including the wife and daughter. :-) Should be a hit in the village tomorrow when I go there! Hahaha! Have fun Pete.

Hello Cent,

K,S. mentioned that you were from Bean Towne ... we are destined to meet ... it's a must. A Boston contingent vs. the Brits? ... we are outnumbered, but, that doesn't necesarrily mean anything (remember the Revolution ... I'm sure they'll never forget!) ... however, in BKK, it's better to join them, IMHO !!! :beer:

How long will you be over there ? Myself, well, I may never return to the States again! ... but, ya never know! :dunno:

I'll make the big spalsh on Nov. 3. :grinyes:

Check Gulliver's, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Chaing Mai ... even, perhaps Surin! ... ya never know ... I know I don't know!

Is there is a list of some or all the ticket consolidators that would deal with trips from Boston/NYC area to asia? (I am from the Hartford/Springfield) area. I am trying to get some cheaper tickets for a trip to China and Thailand.. a week before XMass and plan to stay for a month. I am getting prices of about 1600 to 3200. :: I hope to get them a little cheaper. Is Tulip Travel on the Web? Thanks for any info in advance. Hope all you lucky guys leaving this month have a great trip. Thailand...What a place!!! :D

dandan.

I'm sure there are other competitors, but I recommend Marianne at Tulips in New York City ... she's the best: seriously, her personalized service will keep you coming back for more. :up: Ask about alternate routes, etc. if you have concerns over layover times, etc. She explain all the options ... others may not take the time. Forget Korean Air if you are planning your trip around the Holidays. Their "Skypass" mileage/upgrade program is not what it used to be! :down:

I just gave her a call. Here's their website: www.tulipstravel.com

If you're going to China, the lowest fare is likely to be on China Airlines ... she can make connecting flights for you. But, if you can get to Providence, RI, or Manchester, NH, Southwest offers flights to the West Coast for $99.00 ... tough to beat!!! It wouldn't hurt if you mention my name: just mention Peter from Melrose, MA. ... she'll take good care of you!

Archived