How do I find a legitimate Thai girlfriend?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One final comment about fat Thais in response to Jeffrey H., although what you are saying about hard physical labor makes intuitive sense, it doesn't actually work out that way in practice.

I've spent a lot of time up-country, all over from Chiang Rai to Muk Dahan and the up-country peasants are actually much fatter than the city dwellers.

This is partly because of the type of labor that they engage in, which while it has bursts of hard labor also has long periods of inactivity.

The second and most important reason is because of diet. Nothing will put weight on you like sticky rice and up-country they get at least 50% of their calories (if not more) from kao niao.

The other issue is that there just isn't that much to do upcountry so people lie around all day and stuff their face. In this respect Thai farmers are no different from farmers anywhere who tend to be on the heavy side.

If you travel up to Issan you might be very surprised at how many fat people there are.

bkkshooter,

Thanks for your informed input on this subject. I like your comment about bkk people and getting fatter and yet more people are still getting involved in joining health clubs, etc.

It sure sounds like a western type problem is developing here because that seems to be clearly the issue in america at least.

You have two categories of people, a small yet stable group working out, watching their diet, nutrition, etc and then the literally and figureatively growing sedatary crowd due to poorer eating habits than in the past.

Yes, I do agree there are many overweight Thai people around and even for all the skinny ones who or the ones within normal body weight range for their structure, not a lot of muscle mass and a good % of tissue softness. Thais % wise from person to person are still more attractive (body weight, skin, presentation, style, hair, clothes, etc) than their much wealthier american counterparts.

I won't back off my 10 to maybe even 20 times more attractive Bangkorians (in terms of sheer numbers of counting noses not degree or severity of attractiveness) than Californians. I only pick Californians because of my familarity with its people and places but it could be anywhere in america. Just a note: for every santa monica, there are haywards, reddings, Eurekas many times over. But maybe the gap is closing but then again maybe it isn't. Maybe both populations are growing fatter

and one would need to look at comparative percentage rates to see if the differences are truly narrowing or widening...

Cardinalblue

shooter,

Says bkkshooter:

One final comment about fat Thais in response to Jeffrey H., ....

I remain curious as to why YOU introduced the issue of fat Thais in response to me. My original comment was that I thought the typical American was closer to 50 lb overweight as opposed to someone else's estimate of 20 lb.

Says bkkshooter:

If you travel up to Issan you might be very surprised at how many fat people there are.

I have travelled to Issan - extensively. Roi Et and Kalasin most frequently. I was married to a farm girl from Roi Et for several years. I did not see what you report.

Regards, JEff

Archived