MEXICAN FOOD

bigal

Says Big_Kahuna:

I like Tia Maria. Yes, it's still there.

I was suprised to read this. I ate at Tia Maria about 2 months ago and thought it was the absolute worst Mexican food I have ever tasted in my life.

I am from the SF area and have had tons of good MX restaurants to choose from there. I wasn't expecting a lot from a Mexican rest. in Thailand but was deeply disappointed at Tia Maria. Rembrandt Hotel's Senor Pico restaurant is mucho better.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Tia Maria and think Senor Pico sucks bilgewater. I know people who think the reverse. To each his own. San Fran?? I have extensive experience in the American Southwest and most of Mexico, so I know what *I* expect in Mexican food. :dunno:

My mia noi's kitchen :p. She really does a pretty good job of cooking Mex food, despite having no experience with the culture (she's a Muslim Thai/Chinese/Malay mix from Surat Thani LOL). Taught herself through books & trial/error. But no, AFAIK she won't cook it for anyone but her & me! :neener:

Cheers,

SD

I think a big problem with Mexican food in LOS is the cheese. It is hard to get cheddar or montery jack cheese over there. I have found it best to make your own mexican food over there. I used to pay expensive prices at Villa's and get the fixins and bring it up to Udon and cook it there. Expensive but better then the crap you get in the resteraunts there.

Z

Archived