MEXICAN FOOD

bigal

Sadly, IMO nowhere. :(

Senor Pico's in the Rembrandt Hotel is OK, but overpriced IMO. I used to like El Fiesta on Silom/Patpong 1, but have had a couple of bad experiences there in terms of service the last two times (and they have a band that can be a little loud).

I'm not sure if Tia Maria's on Soi 23 is still open. I went by there the other day and it looked closed.

If you really like Mexican, you might want to try the Mexican buffet at Bourbon St. on Soi 22/Washington Square.

I love Mexican food, but it is death to me on my current diet. ::

Now that we have a Subway, why not campaign for a Taco Bell - not that TB makes Mexican food, mind you. :down:

I forget the name of the place, but on Silom, onthe right side before you enter PatPong I...decent as I recall, but it has been a few months...also, Ambassador has (occassionally) a Mexican lunch buffet...200Bht all you can eat, it was o.k. I get lots of Mexican food here, so no big deal for me...

"... Si Senior, mucho gracious.

?Yu hablo espanol?

Of course he does.... he's from California. ..."

Si, es verdad! Yo fue a la escuela publico aqui en California, asi yo hablo espanol muy bueno, pero me engles no es bueno! Quite fun to start speaking Spanish in LOS, really confuses the babes! On a side note, I once met a girl in Pattaya who could actually say "Ola senior guapo! yo quiero ir a la con tigo!" (hello handsome man, I want to go with you...)

Senior Pico in Rembrandt is good but a bit overpriced as it is very popular with thais (at the weekend often sold out; reservation recommended) and has a life band.

Tia Maria on suk soi 23 (actually it is at the so called green route that goes from soi 23 to 31; after Guisto on soi 23 to the right, passes narcissus and pegasus and another turn to the left and Tia Maria is there on the left side) is still there and resonably priced, but interior is a bit worned out.

alternatives are el gordo's cantina on silom soi 8 and la Fiesta at corner patpong/silom

Don't know about BKK but I do know about Hua Hin.

There's a bar called 'Phil's Bar' on the road that passes Sofitel towards San Pao Lo Hospital.

Phil makes the best Nachos I've ever tasted. He's been at it for years... huge helpings of chilli with beans, sour cream, guacamole... and all for 180 Baht.

There are cheaper dishes on the menu too.

Good music and a good laugh at this bar too.... it's an ex-pat favourite.

Try it out next time you're in HH.

Archived