Friend needs visitors in Bang Kwang

Fidel

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be at least 8 years in a Thai prision, after that he might be transfered to a prision to his home country depending the agreements his home country has with Thailand.

Peter,

This is the contact visit information. Did you see the part above it for non-contact visits?

Regards, JEff

Says Peter1964:

As far as I understand, there is only one visit p.a. per inmate??

Dates and Times for
Contact
Visits

Bangkwang Prison usually allows contact visits one time each year.

<<snip>>

Peter ... this really needs to be answered by someone who has done it. But, it is my understanding that normal visits allow you to see the inmates in a courtyard, but you are at a distance that other than waving at each other, no contact is possible. I believe it may also possible to bring gifts at that time, but I believe they are distributed throughout the prison, and not to your individual.

The yearly contact visit is a full hold em, touch em, give them whatever visit.

There are also a few charity volunteers allowed in everyday for short visits. Gift may be arranged through them.

Since each prison has it own complete set of visitor rules, one really needs info from someone familiar with that particular institution. Perhaps FlyW could suggest someone with that information.

Sure.... Som Nom Na... I agree...

Compassion anyone?

Just trying to be nice.

He's made his bed... would you guys wish what he's going through on anyone?

Nothing you can say can make things any worse for him.

Maybe someone can find the compassion to make it a little less f**king horrible.

Cheers.

Says Peter1964:

Sorry, what is the difference between contact-visits and non-contact-visits and does it make sense to visit someone when he is not allowed to be contacted?

contact visits are visits by relatives in a special room where they can touch each other, have food together etc.

normal visits are in the common visitors courtyard. the prisoners are in a long aisle, separated by the visitors ca. 1 or 1.5 meters with two fences and iron bars. very noisy.

I agree.

And the reality is that a little human compassion is all he can ever have in his life again ......... and there will be none where he is.

Conditions in some of these places in LOS and elsewhere in the world, are less than POWs receive under the Geneva Convention.

No, I do not feel any sorrow for him, as you say, he picked his path. But if anyone ever visits one of these places and can walk away without feeling compassion, then they are without a soul.

Archived