Congratulations Your Royal Highness!!!

Fiery Jack

All that talk about them being German and Russian is woefully inaccurate. You can trace the late Queen Mothers ancestory back to pre 800 AD times...... Of course there is some German and Russian blood but European royalty all bred with each other to preserve superior blood line.....

An interesting side point, in the UK if both your grand parents were born in England before 1937 there is a 97% probability that you will be able to trace your blood line back over a 1000 years.. there was very very little inward immigration in to the UK other than the Normans, Danes and Romans which all occured about a 1000 years ago..... This figure is a lot higher if your grand parents were born North of York where the Romans and Danes didnt really venture.....

You say Eddie is the worst out of the bunch, I would say that has to go to Princess Michael of Kent....

That aside I dont know why people even think about them, a lot of it is class jealousy; at the end of the day the money they take from the public purse is minimal.

STH

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who gets what

Government provides £8.9m for:

The Queen: £7.9m

Queen Mother: £643,000

Prince Philip: £359,000

Queen provides £1.5m for:

Prince Andrew: £249,000

Duke and Duchess of Kent: £236,000

Princess Anne: £228,000

Princess Alexandra: £225,000

Princess Margaret (above):£219,000

Duke of Gloucester: £175,000

Prince Edward: £141,000

Princess Alice: £87,000

----------------------------

Guest lazyphil

<<That aside I dont know why people even think about them, a lot of it is class jealousy; at the end of the day the money they take from the public purse is minimal>>

More like pity than jealousy ;)

Guest lazyphil

<<I dont understand a word of this shit, Phil you mod this one, you speak the language,,,>>

All in order so far WA--Lock n' Load--Lock n' Load :angel:--cant trust these revolutionary Roundheads :nono: :: :grinyes:

Says carew66:

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

8.9 million pounds is peanuts, they generate far more than that in tourist revenue.

STH

Tourists coming to the UK because of
them
. In 2003? LOL!!
:)
:)

I'd have to agree with STH on this one carew... As an ex tourist to the UK, apart from boozing, all of my "tourist sctivities' were based on attractions linked to the Royal Family. Palaces, castles, the Tower, the Kings head.... one exception would be the dome.

Even outside London. In the 2 years I was there, I would have spent hundreds of pounds on attractions linked to the Royal Family. Mostly in the 1st few months before I was working. I am only one very good looking single bloke, IMO there are thousands if not millions more each year who spend much more than me.

What would the tourists come to see in the UK if "Royal Attractions" weren't there? I know there would still be things to see, but surely you underestimate the Royal pull, especially to the yanks. The Americans I met whilst snapping away with my Pentax outside the palace were intoxicated by the royal family. Japanese too, and we know how they like to spend.

This was in 2000 to 2002.

Archived