Congratulations Your Royal Highness!!!

Fiery Jack

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Redbaron:

...I am only one very good looking single bloke...

"Very good looking!!!!!" Fuck, I must've been shitfaced :drunk: the night I met you, Red. I've been carrying this image of you having a ferrety face like a half-eaten kebab, attached to, of all things, a poofy ponytail? :down: LOL! :: Oh dear, oh dear. :doah: Forgive me ? Must've got you mixed up with some poor loser I was trying to cadge a snout and a beer off at Woodstock last Xmas. ::

jack :beer:

I agree Red, most tourists in UK are in some shape or form attracted to the Royal family. People should be less jealous of them and get on with their own lives, I am sure none of the people who criticise the Queen work as hard as her.

Its the politics of envy in my opinion that lead people to criticise the royal family, plain jealousy thats all it is.

STH

Guest lazyphil

<<What would the tourists come to see in the UK if "Royal Attractions" weren't there?>>

Yorkshire Dales--Peak District National Park--Pembrokeshire Coast--Scottish Highlands/Islands--Rural Devon/Dorset/Cornwall--Cambridge (I can be the guide here--Thai restaurants ;))--Stratford-upon-Avon--Lake District--North Norfolk Coast (dont laugh now!)--Brecon Beacons?Northumberland -- etc etc.....British Tourist Board overseas lets the UK down evidently :banghead:

Says lazyphil:

North Norfolk Coast (dont laugh now!)--

Cromer, Hunstanton, Wells-Next-The-Sea, etc. may be great, but you don't see that many overseas tourists there, do you ? :(

I hate finding myself admitting this, but the Royals do attract the foreign tourists, and they probably make the country more money than we pay them as a result.

That doesn't make the system right though.... :cussing:

:beer:

Phil,

All great attractions in their own right, and IMO vastly under-advertised outside the UK. All I saw in the brochures *before* I arrived in the UK, were "Royal Sites".... Buck Palace, the Tower, castles and catherdrals, you know what I mean.... and in all sincerity, they are what attracts the punters.

Once I arrived, however, I was delighted in the unexpected attractions I experienced, but I doubt the average family/tourist would have the time to see these. Generally they have everything planned to the last minute, as time is a deciding factor in what they see.

British Tourist Board overseas lets the UK down evidently

Couldn't agree more. My original plan was only to use the UK as a base to explore Europe, as they didn't advertise the real attractions (or what interested me more anyway) at all.

Not winding you up, promise. IMO, the royals are what attract overseas tourists to the UK. Or at least England. I'm not saying it's right, or wrong, but that's what's advertised here.

If they are so successful at raising money then they won't need my subsidies will they?

Like my good self, they seem to be better at spending it than raising cash. I guess it's easy for me to shrug off, Aussies don't pay a penny/cent for the priveledge of having Her Maj's head on our coins. If we did she would have been outed at the Refurendum a few years ago.

Archived