Desperately awaiting the Xmas break - sigh

gobbledonk

Not to mention fat arsed femo nazi's in skipants

Hideous as that sounds, Rusty, imagine them in one-piece swimsuits. Now you know WHY the beaches around me are deserted .....

All jokes aside, it was recently revealed that Queensland has the highest rate of obesity in Australia (itself in the top 3 worldwide), and that our town is the most obese per head of population. The horror, the horror.

Guest lazyphil

<<All jokes aside, it was recently revealed that Queensland has the highest rate of obesity in Australia (itself in the top 3 worldwide), and that our town is the most obese per head of population. The horror, the horror>>

Well thats why you have a big supply of sheep--or is that just applicable to Kiwis??--sorry a predictable and cheap joke :o

Sheep ? Man, thats insulting : we're in the HEART of cattle country, so eat *beef*, ya bastards !

Tne minutes of walking around in this town will leave you thinking 'Man, they have some seriously large heifers in these parts !'.

I think the closest analogy I can make would be Manchester : I'm told that those northern ladies dont let a few extra kilos stop them wearing miniskirts and the like. Welcome to cellulite hell, Phil :grinyes:

You've obviously not see our "Northern Belles" :banghead:

We call it 'Cabin Butt', 2 axe handles wide.

The True North .......... 'where men are men, and the sheep are nervous'. :neener:

OK, I take your point -there are big ladies everywhere. At least the gals in such frozen climes have an excuse : getting out and exercising in -20 isnt anyone's idea of F-U-N. Here, they are some sort of tropical pork, and seem to enjoy basting in their own juices, beer in hand and Jerry on the telly .....

OK, I'm with the 'dusky' part, but 'maidens' ???

Seriously, I found myself in a very embarrassing position at Bunnings yesterday. Its 9.20 am on a Sunday morning, and two well-dressed (OK, in the Britney Spears mould) and well-groomed young Aboriginal girls were engaged in a stern conversation with the checkout guy. Unusually for Bunnings, the guy was middle-aged and seemed to be the town's social conscience. The subject of his consternation was their purchase : a can of spray paint. After giving them both a final stern look, he relinquished the can and let them go on their merry way. As I laid my 7kg bag of Dynamic Lifter (chook poo for you non-gardeners) on the counter, I triumphantly announced to all and sundry that it was *not* for recreational use, and that I would only use it in the intended manner, and may God have mercy on my soul.

As mothers shielded their children from the glare emitted by our self-appointed guardian of public decency, I reflected on how different the outcome may have been if the girls had been white : would he have even questioned them ? Regardless of what they did with the contents of that can (graffiti is my worst-case guess - paint sniffers dont get up at 8am on a Sunday morning to make themselves look nice for the clowns down at Bunnings), thats their business, IMO.

I'm definitely not a campaigner for aboriginal land rights, but I dont like to see anyone treated like that simply because of the color of their skin. End of self-righteous rant.

Archived