Manila / Angeles.....

vinod

I know most of the waitresses on the day shift in MS and a few on the night shift - although I am sure there are new ones since I was there last year.

I agree with uniformguy on the Orchid Inn if a pool is your priority. The Oasis further down Fields Ave has a decent pool too, but I don't like the location of that hotel compared to the Orchid.

The Orchid recently had a big price increase on their deluxe rooms and I was booked (but did not go) in the Apartelles which are above the Camelot Bar. Great location and price, but no pool.

PS. No Termaie or Grace in Angeles City, but there are places open later, and, even more fun, many gogo bars open at noon! Hoping to be there over Songkran this year...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arrived to Manila yesterday.

Big problem trying to pull cash from atm's on the "plus" system. Never had such trouble in Thailand or Indonesia. Had to resort to my Creditcards.

Went to Lacafe last night and they are a friendly bunch there. there are a few lookers there but mostly in the 5-7 range. Not many 0-4'S AS I ANTISCIPATED.

Took a solid 6 out of there last night. Good performance and she was happy with 1kpeso this morning. total spend incl her tip last night was about 1600 peso.

Down at Edsa I would of at least blown 5-6K peso.

Heard there were a couple of other freelance style places in Ermita. one by the name of g-spot or something. might check it out.

Yeah, agree US Virgin, you should be alright with PNB. The locals, up in La Union, tend to treat going to the ATM as a day out. They stand there, look at the screen, consider every option, chat to a friend, check their balance, think about it a little, maybe text someone, decide what other service they want, then scrutinise the receipt carefully before filing away their notes. Then, maybe then they will move away from the machine to allow the next person in line to use it. Took well over 30 minutes in a queue the other day. Today was surprisingly okay though.

Nice reply Saricin... am i getting to polite.

If ya in margareeta say hallo to jennifer.. she is really nice .. works night times mainly...

Why you get a limo from margaretta not sure.. are there any taxis outside airport are are they rip offs.

I am missing thailand already .. I still wonder abt closing times.

I hope that your flight actually takes off, the Sea Air service is notorious for cancelling flights if they are not full or for any other reason they can think of. At least on the highway you will arrive...... it took me two and a half hours last Tursday.

Sorry I won't be here to meet you Asiahand .....have to cut my trip short to go back to OZ for an operation.

Uniformguy

I have never had a problem with Seair..........yet. Used them 4 times and never a cancellation. They got a bad rap on the PI boards a few weeks ago because they added some new services where they did cancel some flights without notice. But as far as I know they never have cancelled the regular flights ( late sometimes yeah).

I really like the service at that time of day. If I arrive that time on a Friday the ride to Angeles is normally 3-4 hours.

By the way you can always find Ken who runs the Angeles side of Seair in Cambodia Club most evenings. Nice guy.

So UG how are you finding Angeles. I saw your note in the Nightlife section about bored disinterested girls and sad to say I agree to some extent, if you walk into a bar and its quiet it can be depressing, but i have always found its easy to get the place going (certainly the small bars anyway).

By the way if you go to Champagne ( consistently one of the best bars) find the manager Tony or Mama Babae ( she looks after the Mindanao girls... 50% of the girls in Champagne are from Mindanao they all dance the same shift), and tell them you know Mark and Steve from Hong Kong he will look after you, also in Neros find Mama perla .... the large Mamasan with bleach blond hair and do the same.

Archived