Manila / Angeles.....

vinod

Hi there,

I have been into Champagne three times this week and walked out because there were no available seats, such is the popularity of the place. It is too small for its success.

Spent most of my time in Insomnia as it is not too busy and my girl works there. It is easy to get my one man party machine going there and the mamasans are great. My girl has three sisters and four cousins, two of whom work in the same bar so I'm having a ball. They are not all working but know how to party.......took three of them on a day trip to Subic.

Saw a few raunchy shows in various places but it is fu***** boring here during the day time. It is a great place for a visa run which is really what I am doing.

I am planning a set of lengthy reports as soon as I can find a decent keyboard where I can see the letters........will probabaly post from Pattaya next week as I will have time there cos my girl works during the day. The computers at Kokomos are usually broken and the ones at the back of MS are very very old.

Sorry to miss you here.

Uniformguy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Champagne is alwys busy we always walk down the far end and hang out by the bar.

Visited Insomnia for the first time since they re-did the place in December and think it is a great bar. I know the Mama-san their fairly well also but cannot for the life of me remember her name. I only know one of the girls she used to be a waitress at Geckos and moved to Insomnia as a dancer once they finished the refit. She is a tiny little thing but great fun.

Yeah never much to do during the day.....except sleep, thats just about all I get done during the day. There are a couple of golf courses nearby if you play.

Oh yeah if you are looking for a good steak, go to the Hole in the Wall on Santos street.

If you are talking raunchy shows must be Confetti's, some wild girls in there.

In Cebu now. just done 3 days in MNL. mNL, THE GIRLS HAVE CHANGED. I wonder if the tide has turned or was I just lucky. It was a pleasure dealing with sweet girls in MNL after so-so allnighters Thailand.

You guys are stirring up some great recent memories I have of AC and making me sorry I did not go as planned for 3 weeks in December. I am still hoping to go in April to avoid Songkran in Bangkok - assuming I return to BKK.

I tend to favor many of the smaller bars for fun and the bigger bars to just watch the girls and hang out. I really liked some of the ones up the road - Emotions, Honey Ko's, Thigh-hi (nice uniforms there, UG) that don't get visitors, but are open for afternoon fun.

I remember Misty's having 18 long-haired babes in the two shifts when I was there. I liked Insomnia too, UG. Volcano another favorite.

Have fun guys and don't eat too much balut! :)

Hi Sarisin,

Volcano is no more, now called Lancelot ( i guess to go with Camelot bar) not much to look at girl wise there now but the decor is pretty nice and they got rid of the tree ::

The perimiter road bars can be a blast we always make a run up there once or twice per trip, Gentlemens Club is always on our list plus most of the bars you mention.

Mistys was always good funs up till the renovation of the Hotel above it, when they closed some of the girls left and Tony the manager is now running the hotel. Had a great regular from Misty's who went permanent bar fine with some one else ::

To echo what Asiahand says. I was back in Bangkok for for first time since early 2003 at Christmas and found the girls okay, but Pattaya I found the girls to a lot less fun than the PI girls (not generalizing, just commenting on my feelings about the place), I know I was there at a bad time high season and all that. Even my brother who is a regular (5 or 6 times per year) Pattaya visitor was thinking of changing venue for Chinese New year to Angeles, he made his first Pi trip last year and thought the girls were great but the town sucked.

Thanks for the update my friend. :)

I guess AC bars change often. I really like the idea of being able to go out in the afternoon if you want and have some fun in the bars. I have always thought that a few gogo bars doing the same in BKK would be a winner.

No doubt you do not go to AC on a cultural junket. There are the bars, and that is it. But, really, so what? It can be a lot of fun. I liked it as a change of pace to living in Thailand. I really like the way you can joke with the gals in English.

I always said Thailand is the Land of Smiles, but the Philippines is the Land of Laughter. :)

I like 'em both!

Meanwhile, how is the States............just saw a weather report saying that NY had the coldest weather for a century at the moment are you OK my friend......????

When will u be back in BKK?

Uniformguy

UG,

I am dealing with the cold. I am leaving Washington DC and driving back to NJ for the weekend in a few hours. I had a Filopina girl stay with me here and even managed an adventure with an Indian girl I met in a Georgetown Bar.

I just wrote something in a General Discussion thread about how I feel about returning to the LOS and the sanuk there.

I still have a lot of negative feelings about the place as a result of the robbery and subsequent news (the cops were stealing as they 'investigated' my loss). But, honestly, it is the positive going on here now that makes me not want to return right now. I know there are plenty of guys who love being in Thailand and hate being in their home environs, but I am not one of them. I just try to make the best of where I happen to be and good things are happening here this trip - despite the cold and occasional snow.

If I do return to Thailand it will be purely a work decision. The bad memories, declining nightlife scene, visa bullshit, falling US Dollar, and more make it less attractive to me now. Still, I do have a lot of my shit in storage (paying 4,000 THB a month for that) and if I get a good offer to go back and work another year, I will. I just don't see myself running the bars like I used to.

Of course, it would take me a while to get used to the heat again too. :)

Anyway, to answer your question, I have a return ticket to Bangkok Feb. 25, but if I am not working, I will change that. I also will need to find a new SECURE place to live if I return.

Thanks for your concern. IT IS COLD, but nice to have a warm Filopina body next to you in the morning here. ::

Well just got into Angeles last night.

We were booked on the Seair. Initially two of us and then a third decided to join. So I called up Seair and asked if they had a third seat available. Ken told me that the flight was full and only had two seats for us but my friend could go standby.

Ten minutes later I get an email from Ken saying that although the flight was full he had a Piper Arrow (4 seats inc. pilot) he could charter to us for US$150. Turned out to be a great service. We arrived in Manila took a taxi over to the domestic terminal to the Seair office. In ten minutes they walked us through the terminal, walked us thru security put us on a bus to the plane.

One of the guys with us is a private pilot and once we were up in the air he took over ( completely unexpected) and flew us up to Clark.

Once we arrived they had a bus waiting for us and drove us straight to the hotel.

Great way to get up to Angeles if you do not mind spending the money.

It was a 4 hour trip by taxi yesterday according to another guy we know who arrived on the same flight from Hong Kong.

Good to hear you VIP's arrived safely.......must reconsider the flight next time, and I think you are quite right, the cancelled flights were the new scheduled ones.

I enjoyed the road trip as it was my first time, it took two and a quarter hours each way but the day trip over to Subic took nearly three each way and that was a lot for a day trip....

My driver told me that there are plans afoot to move the international airport out of Manila to Clark as there is a much larger runway there. That is if GMA wins the election in May.

Anyone else heard about this, that would be a great move from our point of view...........but the new expressway will also make a big difference when it is finished in November.

Enjoy the girls of Fields...

Uniformguy

Archived