Manila / Angeles.....

vinod

I like the Orchid rooms too and the location can't be beat and yes, they do have a nice pool with poolside go-go to boot. :) But as Sarisin mentioned, with last year's price increases, think I'll try something else next time around (I don't care about a pool). Also, the Orchid tried to scam me last time I stayed there. I booked, and was charged for a deluxe room. However, the room I got was in the main building on the second floor (actually, the deluxe rooms aren?t much different than the standard rooms, just newer).

They would have gotten away with overcharging me except the morning I checked out the girl at the desk only looked at my key number and the number of nights I stayed, then added up the bill using the standard rate. Guess she wasn't in on the scam... I didn't realize I had stayed in a standard room until then (I do recall the first time I entered the room it didn't seem quite as nice as the one I had on my previous stay there).

In general, AC is looking much better these days with the falling dollar and declining nightlife scene in LOS. Not sure why, but the Peso is still weak at over 55 to the dollar - which I think is near an all time high. Hope it stays that way. :grinyes:

Kind of far off right now, but will probably include a side trip to AC from LOS on my trip next December. Reckon that gives me plenty of time to surf for a new hotel. :(

ST

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UG I have heard that they are tryingto get more flights into Clark and this may happen as long as they can get the connections onto the holiday destinations. There is an Asiana flight that comes in from Korea at the moment I think 5 times a week ( one of my friends down here runs ground handling for the flight). But that is the only International flight at the moment and there are no firm plans for any more, just political talk.

They have a brand new terminal ready in manila but due to political in fighting and a dispute with the builders of the airport it has not opened even though it has been ready over a year.

Short Time, you should check out the Central Park, used to be the Chicago Park, it has new owners and fully renovated. One of my friends stayed there and said the rooms were as nice as the Orchid and i think they are $25 and $35 ( not sure) they do have a web site .

Also just opened is the old tropicana, this is very high end now with Jacuzzi rooms and done out in the Egytian them of the blue nile group, the lobby looks like they have spent a fortune on it. But have not seen the rooms yet.

Not directed at you just a general post about PI.

As of today am young, free and single again. Hurrah!

So off I popped to Angeles. Orchid Inn full. End up in the piece of shite they call the Anchorage. Deluxe room my arse. I've seen bigger rabbit hutches. Wot no towels?

Wandering up Fields Avenue.

I have to say that the worst go-go costumes I've ever seen are currently being worn tonight in The Roadhouse. Red miniskirts, bobby sox, cut off white shirts with little truncated red ties. Oh and I forgot to add they're all line dancing. Ended up looking at Jon Bon Jovi on the box.

The most inappropriate song in a go-go award has to go to La Bamba, also Fields, who were playing Zombie by The Cranberries about an hour ago, (then again for some of the go-gos round here, including that one, it's probably fairly apt.)

It says it all when you interrupt an evening's boozing to go to an internet cafe. :(

Or maybe it was just 'cos Kokokmo's has free net access?

::

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if these hotels are guest friendly in Manila ?

Pension Fillipina

Ermita Tourist Inn

Midtown Inn

Just bought my ticket today for 8400B ( an April special ) from AW Business in Soi 11 with Kuwait Air and am leaving Friday :: The next available seat was on Thursday next week so I presume it must be busy with everyone trying to get out of BKK for songkran!

Just got back from Angeles again. Spent Easter weekend there. Most bars had a no bikini policy and no exterior lights on Good Friday but were open as usual the rest of the weekend.

Seair private charter once again an awesome way to get up to Angeles. I went from arrival at the gate in Manila airport to my hotel in Angeles in just about two hours record time. Private charter is US$165 for a 4 seater plane.

Park Central hotel continues to be an excellent alternative to the orchid at US$25 for a standard room ( US$20 cheaper) with in room broadband and rooms as nice as the Orchid. Although the pool could only be considered an over size bath. Staff are extremely friendly and will know you by name almost immediately.

Rooms on 1st floor have only showers, rooms on ground floor have baths ( well room 6 certainly did and thats the only one I stayed in on ground floor)

As for the bars, they are quiet, there are far more thin girls and stunners than people give Angeles credit for. They still shuffle rather than dance .... with a few exceptions.

Next visit ...... next week !

::

• 2 months later...

Some very good info in this thread.

I haven't been to the Phil's for well over 5 years and never have been to AC. But I am planning a trip over the long weekend in August.

From reading this is sounds like its not worth spending a night in Manila and then taking the bus/car to AC. I am hoping I can leave Bangkok in the late afternoon and then fly up to AC.

Anyone got any update info to add to the above?

Cheers,

MSB

MSB

Just got back from Angeles 2 days ago, generally I get down there at least once a month, this month its two visits.

The town is pretty quiet right now, not too many tourists. Its real hot around 35 degrees C. But its rainy season so every now and then you get a huge downpour and the streets flood, but about 5 minutes later thay are clear.

Flying up is a great way to go especially if you are arriving late afternoon early evening because the traffic through Manila is terrible. But the express way is no superb and nearly finished cutting travel time considerably.

The normal Seair flight on the 19 seater LET410 leaves manila about 6.30. Gets into Angeles about 25 mins later and its a 10 minute taxi into town.

Hotels I still recommend the Orchid and the Central Park. Best value is the Central Park, you cannot find a friendlier hotel around.

Clubs/Bars well like I say its pretty quiet in town although its gets somewhat busier at the weekends.

I hate to recomend places because everyone enjoys different kinds places, but you can find everything from "mega" clubs to holes in the walls, from high ( well kinda high) class to downright sleazy.

Anyway whatever further information you need on Angeles let me know and I will be happy to try and answer.

And let me know whats dates you will be there since I will be there during August and would be happy to meet someone from the borad.

Archived